Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for the warm reception folks . I found this site kinda late , car is done - but I am going to post pics in order of build . this car took my brother and I 2 years to build . its the 1st one we did together , im also going to put on some pics of my last 2 builds (29 MODEL A HEMI - 1969 dart 340) there is more to the story on the rambler build , I will get into it as we go on .

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that sdn is cool ! it looks like it ran very similar to mine . my 29 felt like you were released from a slingshot - no squat , no rise , no violence - just like an arrow , it went straight and was pretty fast , it was a 354 hemi with a Chrysler 8 3/4 open rear with 3:23 and a 4 link , but it was fast . I will put a couple of build pics of the 29 and a couple more of the rambler . and a little more to the story of how the rambler got built . my brother and I are both in our mid to late 50's and have always had hot rods , some real nice stuff (I still own a 1970 challenger R/T 440 4 speed w/dana and 4:10-for 38 years now) but my brother refused to build one with me - he said I was too damn picky ! I bugged him for at least 7 years (hes been a body man for 40 years-and I have been in gm svc dept for 38 years) and so the struggle went on ....until under beer influence .... to be continued

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
What is the purpose of the fuel selector valve? Love the look on the Challenger. The dog dish hubcaps and steel wheels really make the look!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that is the switching valve for the front spun aluminum tank . the rear tank is fed by an electric fuel pump , switched at the valve , the to run just the front tank - its plummed through a stock style block mounted fuel pump . it works very well , during break in time the front tank came in very handy , we ran it out of fuel on several trips when we didn't realize we were only getting about 3 miles to the gallon , the front tank also saved us during 1 of the 2 electric fuel pump failures (we always keep fuel in the front tank) . I have had several folks say "hey isn't that dangerous hanging out there" - I say , DONT RUN INTO SHIT - had the same tank on the 29 and it was really out in the wind , I just DIDNT RUN INTO SHIT . PS I also really like the dog dishes on my 70 , I have had 4 different styles over the years , and this is my favorite .

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are a couple brand new pics and a couple build pics . I just sent info to staples have a poster made for my brother for Christmas . that should be cool .

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We'll. we had a really good weekend. We took the rambler to the Pitts. Pa. World of wheels show and were thrills to take 2nd place. Always wanted to do an inside show , cross that off the bucket list. Here are a couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We'll. we had a really good weekend. We took the rambler to the Pitts. Pa. World of wheels show and were thrills to take 2nd place. Always wanted to do an inside show , cross that off the bucket list. Here are a couple of pics
and 1 of the rambler

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts