Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Okay, You've seen the paint scheme. What should I name it?

• "Utter Madness"..Also a good name

Votes: 0 0.0%
241 - 248 of 248 Posts
Discussion starter · #241 · (Edited)
Okay Okay! Tom! You're right! I've been seriously neglecting the forum and providing updates. I'm here! It was a great surprise to see Tom show up at the rod run, that was really, really cool. The whole weekend was just non stop fun. The cruise night had thousands lining the streets of Temecula hooting and hollering at all their favorite cars. The "performance type" cars were revving engines at every chance, it was great. While I had my kids and one of my daughter's friends out for a lap, some guy ran up and threw money in the car! I can honestly say I never had that happen before! The Saturday show n shine event was fun too. They estimate there was 30-35,000 people in attendance Saturday and seriously, there was not even a single minute from 8 am to 4 pm that there wasn't a few or a mob of people checking over every inch of my car. It got lots of exposure and lots of positive attention. Can't wait for next year.

Here's a couple pics of one of the cars Tom mentioned, the Henry J. It's owned by a real nice local couple here. There's a rat fink hand painted on it, the same guy that did my lettering did their car. I don't have pics of the 55 chev but it sounded MEAN. Also here's a BEAUTIFUL 64 Plymouth Fury that was there on Saturday.

Discussion starter · #242 ·
Since last posting on the forum, I really haven't done too much on the car other than dealing with some tuning issues (done), going to a few car shows, a few cars and coffee meetups, and getting the door panels finished. In October, we took the Plymouth to a really fun fall festival kick off type car show at a corn maze. Bigfoot monster truck did a car crush thing, and two of the guys from Counting Cars TV show were there. We won "best competition car" and here's the Counting Cars guys, Kevin Mack and "Horny" Mike congratulating us on the win. Kids liked the bigfoot thing best!

Here's a pic of the Plymouth at Temecula Rod Run cruise night, ripping up the streets!

The kids out for a cruise

Anyway here's more current pics of the car. Some are credited to a local photographer Bill Dutting, so not mine.

Wow Craig. That was very cool. We don't have squat around here. California is king. You must have been in heaven.
What I would give for Long Island to hold a cruise night like that.

241 - 248 of 248 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.