Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Okay, You've seen the paint scheme. What should I name it?

• "Utter Madness"..Also a good name

Votes: 0 0.0%

1962 Plymouth Belvedere "Jackpot"

58K views 247 replies 27 participants last post by  Road Angels 
Nice car. It's amazing how little the radiator support changed over the 60's in the B bodies. I am also on for B bodies only. I have a V Code 70 Charger and I will be using repop parts on the restoration. Some people might not like that but it's my car and I plan to keep it until I can't drive it. I met Mark Worman from Graveyard Carz when I was at home last year and he had his 70 roadrunner in his showroom and it had a lot of repop interior parts. You couldn't really tell, it looks factory. He had his 71 Triple green sixpack Charger car that he showed me before it was complete. It was nice!

Your metal work is looking really good. I am glad it's all coming together. I am going to buy a welder soon and get busy. I can't believe I've gone on this long without one. I can't wait to hear this thing run.

Ouch, this thread took a turn for the worse. Now I am sad about my 03 Cobra.

Mopars unfortunately are just not as common for replacement parts. I am lucky with my charger as a lot of the stuff is similar to a 69 charger or any other B body from 68-70 so they have a wide selection of parts. (AMD will be my best friend in a few years) The only part they don't make, which a defunct scammer company called premiere plastics started but never finished is the 70 charger grille and bumper loop. Mine is missing a portion and they dented the bumper loop. It looks like they forgot the front deck is a mile long while parking and hit one of those poles they use to keep people away from objects in parking lots. I will try my hand a plastic repair and hammer and dolly for the bumper. I am seriously thinking of the spray on chrome process to re-chrome everything, although there is a place in Holyoke that does re-chroming and there is not a lot of detail on the bumper. I will have to price it.

Any updates on your car?

Those seat brackets look like they are the from the original mopars plans It looks great! If I had the tools I would have looked into something similar. My stock seat brackets with offset plates will have to do for now. What headrests do you need to install? I have the short buckets also.

Great, those pics really helped. I will work on head rests later down the line. I don't plan to take my car to the strip any time soon.

That drop down is nice. I have two loops in my car. Luckily when it is on jackstands the rear drops enough to slide it in without unbolting the rear loop.

Man that looks good! I don't have swing out bars. It isn't easy to get in. I have to play contortionist, but it will be OK. It's too bad your brother sold his car. I really love those cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.