Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an old gasser about a year ago. Two weeks ago I drug it out of the back yard and started a crazy attempt to preserve history. It originally ran a 413 and hed spindle extensions. Scary suspension. I went with a 440 and a straight axle with disc brakes for saftey. Everything else is exactly as it was. I am taking it to its first show tonight at the Pavillions shopping mall in Scottsdale AZ. Come take a look if you are around.

The odd rod garage.
Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Hi Pete,
That's a cool piece of history; glad to see you're keeping the patina. Have fun at the car show and take lots of photos to share.
Welcome to the forum.

Steve

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Very nice Pete. thanks for posting that. Great history. Wish I was close enough to look at that car in person.

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
What a great old gasser, and a very cool body style! Would love to see more of it if you have time to post more pictures! At least those of us far away can still enjoy it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice Lancer Pete! Glad you kept a BBC in it....Brute Power! Is it an original Arizona car? Did it used to race at Beeline?

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's pretty sweet Pete. I looked for quite some time to find a car intact like that with the original paint scheme with no luck. I would love to see some detailed pictures of this car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I remember looking at the famous 9 drawings done while on Acid, along with the artists/subjects comments as the trip continued and abated., back when I was a kid in sociology class.

Just made me wanna take Acid as soon as I could score some. Still indulge on occasion, but the old days were the best. The always are it seems.

Driving that car back in the day must have been a trip on itself, no wonder the name . . . ! !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts