Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the falcon is tucked away in the shed for winter. cant start until the shop is empty.
still rounding up parts . i have a 1965 hp 289/top loader and also an explorer roller motor. tunnel ram chrome pan etc etc . i have about 90% of my parts.
will build this with my godson to get him into cars more. his dads 55 ht is tucked away in the garage he built here.
cant wait to start on this. car will be gold flake with candy red over it. will start a build thread when we start on it .

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i promise myself i would not start until i finish the 2 in the shop. getting close on them. after them i will only do paint. no more builds so the shop space will be mine. but i can work on getting the part ready.

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me. Can't wait for your build to be on a thread here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
found another falcon hull . floors gutted out but has a title and a trunk lock. i can use the front fenders for my rear qrts .

·
Registered
258 Posts
found another falcon hull . floors gutted out but has a title and a trunk lock. i can use the front fenders for my rear qrts .
I needed 3 front fenders to fill the gap you'll end up with at the top to get the wheel openings big enough. Does it have a nice hood? hahaha! Been looking for one here is rust country.

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
I just used about 18" of the top lip to build mine. Then filled the bottom front and rear with flat sheet metal. So my nice rolled lip stops at the body line. I also used flat metal to fill in behind the tire where the stock opening extends too far to the rear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i sold the red falcon to a friend a few weeks ago . so much going on i just didn't have time to get around to it . we got our farm land sold and getting things done around here . finishing the 56 this winter i have to strip and repaint .. was realy sorry i sold the falcon so i went prowling again . found this all orig rust free car about 100 miles away . got a blue title and even has the keys and a radio delete . so back on the plan to build come spring if nothing else blows up in my face ..
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
it is a great car . no rust anywhere . hate that it is black. i love black cars but had planned on a candy brandywine with a lot of 60's style custom effects. this could change i guess .. i guess i could go black with flames . last one i did .but i really want to do some lace and stuff ..

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You and Lash. Check out his Ranger build thread where he did some of that 60's lace work on the hood.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Yea I like the old school stuff...not as good at it any more but I still can do a basic with cans and a nail gun compressor....lol..

Attachments

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
well i sold the red falcon to a friend a few weeks ago . so much going on i just didn't have time to get around to it . we got our farm land sold and getting things done around here . finishing the 56 this winter i have to strip and repaint .. was realy sorry i sold the falcon so i went prowling again . found this all orig rust free car about 100 miles away . got a blue title and even has the keys and a radio delete . so back on the plan to build come spring if nothing else blows up in my face .. View attachment 107876
Very cool. Glad you found another one. Please post your build for us. Looking forward to build thread.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well after a lot of figuring i've decided to pass on the speedway axle and use one of the ibeams i have . only 2.5 inches wider than the falcon . i did have an econoline axle but cant find it ., guess i sold it . may look for another one . right track . still rounding up parts . found some nos tailights .

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
If you scrounge the wrecking yards you can often find other makes of cars with good front fenders to rob the wheelwell arches off. I used '78 Mercedes sedan arches on my '63 Falcon rear radius.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i thought about using front fender arches on the rear but my old gassers just set high enough to clear. this chevy is a clone of my old car i had in 70 except it was solid yellow. nothing thru the hood though. it was my daily driver . the red falcon is likely where i'll go if i cut the qrts .
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Administrator
13,731 Posts
I saw the red Falcon when it was being built, but don't recall the forum? He used front fender lips also, but not sure what donor car? He did like I did, and just did the top of the radius. He also closed in behind the tires at the bottom like I did to get rid of the trailing edge opening that looks odd with big tires.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts