Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my buddie's '58 Delray Sedan Delivery. He just picked it up from Huntington Beach and man is it rusty - but cool as @#$^!

It's as basic as they came in '58. No radio, heater, cig lighter, etc. Only a v-8 3-on-the-tree.

It was raced with a cross-ram 409 and a Hydromatic. Check out the lettering! It has spray-on tinting that is just about gone.

The front wheels are real chrome reverse wheels (valve stems on the inside). Rears are Cragar SS with M&H slicks.

Needs a ton of bodywork, though.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Mike is he going to put it back to as raced, body and paint wise? That is really an awesome find, ebay or just good luck?

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mike, he is going to sell it. He's not into gassers but he is into '58s.

He has a price of $2k obo on it. It needs a ton of metalwork. I have seen worse cars fixed and this one is a fairly rare car. I just think it's cool and makes a neat yard art piece. Much better than a tractor. :)

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
That's way beyond cool! I've never seen a '58 Sdn Del. gasser! Looks like a lot of work for somebody, but I hope someone steps up and brings it back to it's race form!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
That is an awesome find. Too bad it is so deteriorated. But I've seen worse come back from the dead. That car would be worth the time and effort to do it with. I hope he finds the right person to do it. I remember seeing a '58 Chevy 2 dr sedan gasser on one of the gasser videos on U tube. With tall the front grille taken out like you do on '56 and '57's. It really looked good.
If you remember the old built 389 that I found and sold all of the parts off for a lot of cash. This is the '58 Pontiac that he bought that he got that 389 was in. He still has the car on Craigslist. I think it would make a great gasser but he wants too much money for me to afford. Otherwise I would at least give it a thought.

I'd love to build a '58 Pontiac Gasser.

Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd love to build it. It could be brought back with enough $. (Or a donor '58) I found out some more info with some help from the HAMB. Even found the last owner who remembers it well!

It still has the same wheels and tires - the rears hold air, not the fronts. The chrome on the front wheels is all but gone. This is a great shot. The top and the grey along the trim and rocker is a faux vinyl top stuff almost like bed liner. It's still there!

I am not sure when this shot was taken, I'll try yo find out.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts