Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Adding Volvo front fender flares and trying to decide how much tire clearance to provide. I have seen alot of pictures of gassers with minimal clearance....not sure how they do on bumps at speed. Maybe they use bump stops but that would be a very stiff suspension.
Take it from me. Leave enough space for more tire. I made a big mistake with beautiful qtr panels and I can’t put a bigger tire on the car. I so regret that.

·
Administrator
13,662 Posts
Adding Volvo front fender flares and trying to decide how much tire clearance to provide. I have seen alot of pictures of gassers with minimal clearance....not sure how they do on bumps at speed. Maybe they use bump stops but that would be a very stiff suspension.
That's exactly what I did on my cars. I always install polyurethane bump stops above the axle on the frame to limit max travel, and avoid fender damage on hard bumps. So far it's worked well for my builds, and allowed me to not have huge clearances above my rear tires.
I get asked often how I get away with a couple inches of clearance between my slicks and fenders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts