Gasser HotRod Forums banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think I know the answer but I was looking at the Speedway Chevy spindle axle.. Are the kingpins held in with snap rings top and bottom. I don't see any provisions for the through bolt on the axle to hold kingpins in.. looks like the spindles have slots for snap rings.? I haven't looked at the destructions yet.

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
Anyone know what fender well headers to look into for the Morris?
I'd look at the Patriot Tri Five Chevy BBC fenderwell headers. They're only $268 at Speedway, and fit numerous installs with a BBC. I used them on my '63 Falcon with a BBC.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Hell, I bought a pair of those along with a pair of FE header flanges, modified the headers to fit the flanges and run them on my 53. There was no way I was going to pay $600 for a pair of FE fenderwell headers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

The front shackle mounts are bolted in.. the rear spring hangers are just clamped till I can get the weight of the engine in.. it looks like a Street Freak right now due to not being at ride height and will probably end up removing a leaf.. but I kinda like the nose in the air. The shackles are @ 69.5° right now, it's not permanent. I know they should be at 45° at ride height and full weight. They are bolted up front with 1/2" fine thread bolts, I had grade 5 but will buy some nice grade 8 after mock up. spindles are on.. I was real tempted to paint today but gonna wait till after mock up. No sense in scratching the paint and having to repaint everything. Y'all have any ideas for suspension paint.. no wrong answer. Just curious on y'all's opinions. I was thinking of painting the axle and spindles Gloss bright white.. or Halibrand dow-7 Gold or Gloss Black or a combination of the 3.
Automotive tire Plant Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Wheel Motor vehicle Lighting Vehicle Building
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper
Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
I'm a paint it black guy, and on my last 4 builds I went gloss black Rustoleum on the frame, floor pans, and most of the suspension. Usually the front axles also, but on my latest '39 Chevy build I did the axle in Duplicolor dark silver mag wheel paint just to highlight the holes I drilled in the I beam.
My Austin is 11 yrs. old now, and the undercarriage and suspension still look great. The Rustoleum holds up really well for me.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Any rattle can spray is a good idea especially when you change things after it’s already done. Touch up on the fly is important. Although I did use 2part epoxy spray on my coupe and is awesome. But what do I do when I change my shock mount some day. i don’t want another project after a fix. its just a waste of good valuable time. Eastwood had a good epoxy for frame paint.

Reactions: Morris Munster

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It is mini flake green and blue done in a fade...over the counter spray bomb...frame is rustoleum green enamel takes for ever to dry but is tough as nails once it does... I was going for a matched color idea on the whole car

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
I never knew they even made chrome rally wheels in a 4" width? Nice!
Walmart.com 😂 but was supplied through Jeg's.
I Don't really care for multi lug.. but was thinking of running some baby moons to hide it.
Also I don't know if y'all are familiar with Jamco Products but they have the Vega steering boxes really cheap.. $129 black and $159 chrome. That's the cheapest I've seen and I like the idea of Chrome on a Gasser because it makes it go faster!!! 😂 Thinking about chroming my axle too..

21 - 40 of 91 Posts