Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum. Thought I'd post some information and pictures my Morris Minor. I found just the shell sitting in a back yard covered in tall grass and vines, it had been sitting for 30yrs so it's been a challenge. I've been working on it on and off for about 3 years. Started out building to be a street rod but it's slowly turning into a track car. It's chopped 4" and removed 10" out of the roof making it a business coup. One piece flip front end. I built the entire chassis out of 2x3 square tubing. Speedway Chevy spindle gasser axle kit. Chevy 12 bolt rear end Strange axles and full spool, 456 Richmond pro gear. 36" ladder bar setup. 496cid BBC. L88 427 Snowflake ❄ heads. Roller cam roller lifters. 1050cfm Dominator. Edelbrock toilet bowl intake. Powerglide with trans brake valve body. Trying to figure out how to post pictures. Not actually a gasser because of altered wheel base but definitely gasser style hotrod.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Rim Engineering

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Red

Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior Auto part

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas Engineering

Wheel Tire Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Here are some pictures of the engine 496 BBC, 13:1+ compression can't remember exactly, Full roller special grind 680 lift cam.. cylinder heads are L88 Winters Snowflake casting 427cid believe corvette. Also have a 2 spd powerglide with trans brake and 4,500 stall, Victor 2-R 4500, 1050 Dominator.. I know the BBC 454cid did not come about till early 70's and I know it's not period correct but its what I have. This engine came out of a 1974 Nova that was running 9sec 1/4 mile passes.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Wheel Auto part

TCI Rattler Balancer

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Rear wheels are wrong offset, so they stick out past fenders more than I like.. wheels I'm ordering will be for 32" tall 14" wide Hoosiers. 15x14 inch wheel with 7.5” back spacing should do the trick.
Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens

I really like these ET Mags but not in the budget till later on.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I really liked all the original patina and wanted to preserve it but most of it is gone due to all the body modifications. But I have detailed pictures of it all and will paint it back on but changing the color.

Exterior will be Prussian Blue
Liquid Font Finger Gadget Electronic device

Interior will be Jaguar Old English White with black and red accents.
Rectangle Font Brand Terrestrial plant

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
New to the forum. Thought I'd post some information and pictures my Morris Minor. I found just the shell sitting in a back yard covered in tall grass and vines, it had been sitting for 30yrs so it's been a challenge. I've been working on it on and off for about 3 years. Started out building to be a street rod but it's slowly turning into a track car. It's chopped 4" and removed 10" out of the roof making it a business coup. One piece flip front end. I built the entire chassis out of 2x3 square tubing. Speedway Chevy spindle gasser axle kit. Chevy 12 bolt rear end Strange axles and full spool, 456 Richmond pro gear. 36" ladder bar setup. 496cid BBC. L88 427 Snowflake ❄ heads. Roller cam roller lifters. 1050cfm Dominator. Edelbrock toilet bowl intake. Powerglide with trans brake valve body. Trying to figure out how to post pictures. Not actually a gasser because of altered wheel base but definitely gasser style hotrod.
Welcome to the forum!
Great build, and metal work too! I always loved the Morris Minors, and I think making yours a coupe, with the roof chop just makes it look even better! The engine, and drivetrain are a great choice I think!! Should really be a fast little car!
What will the wheelbase be now that you've altered it?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts