Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted some info when I introduced myself but thought I would post some updates and additional info. I am building a 1950 Stude 2 door sedan (circa 1965). I am going to run a 56 Olds rocket taken out to 346ci with 10 to 1 compression and a Isky 505c roller cam. I am using a Joe Hunt magneto and a Weiand tripower with J2 carbs on it. I am running a M21 with a super comp shifter. I just installed a 8 3/4 mopar read axle and will be setting up a 489 case with 4.56 posi. I have a set of 30 x 10 hurst cheater slicks. I am using the original rear leaf springs with a pinion snubber and a set of traction master's. on the fron I am using a model a axle and travers leaf spring with lincoln brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
always like that boody style, even the 4 door with the suicide reardoors. do you have the rest of the truck that steering wheel goes to ? 65/66 ford?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Love the looks of that engine. The Stude ain't so bad neither, LOL. Love those Studes. I like the rear wheel well openings and the tires just fitting in there. Are you going to make more clearence for the tire to fender touching or are you going to run a very stiff rear spring? I prefer that close fit but it's not practical on the street. Great project you have going there. Thanks for the updates. Mark L

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Going to open the clearance up a bit on the wheel wells. I would like to run a tighter gap but it will see some street driving so I will need to make concessions. As far as the steering wheel it was for a past project which made way for the gasser.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More pics of the progress since last post. Got the rear axle and wheels on and roughed in the fender wells. Removed front crossmember and started grafting in new frame rails.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have said in the past.... "I LOVE FULL" MooN Disc hubcaps"..... A GREAT look ..... going to be a GREAT car!!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Another just right looking car CG. Glad you joined in here and shared your build with us. Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
That is a sweet looking Olds! Can you use the headers that are on it? If so that would look cool, kinda like the Plymouth that had the four pipes coming out of the wheelwells.

Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hoping to use the headers. I really hate to cut these ones up or build another set. I also bought another front end over the weekend. I will be picking it up this week. Have to get my truck back from a buddy.

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes. It is a one piece. Anyone need a stock steel front end minus bullet and headlights

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I got the one piece front end, and already sold the stock sheetmetal for the same price I paid for the one piece. Started working on the frame and my compressor decided to crap out. looks like the motor finally gave up the ghost. Hope to get it back up tomorrow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah they are not cheap but this gives me a chance to upgrade the motor size.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts