Gasser HotRod Forums banner

161 - 180 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Man that's always an exciting moment! Stressfull sorta then after break in it is such a sweeeeeeet feeling, if your like me you probably want to start it several times again soon, its sorta like pinching yourself

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
WHAT??????????????????????? No video..................................

·
Administrator
13,328 Posts
I agree on the starting often comment Tom! Right after it's running and all went well, I am tickled when somebody stopped by and wanted me to fire it up! Looking for any excuse to start it again!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
after break in it is such a sweeeeeeet feeling, if your like me you probably want to start it several times again soon, its sorta like pinching yourself
Boy you got that right, I've been starting it just to hear that lope. Good thing I was alone in the shop. lol
I'm sure the neighbors are tired of hearing it though, oh well, to bad.......
As far as the video goes, I guess I need to do like Mario said and set up a Youtube account and upload a video from there?
I have a short one on my cell phone too, do I need to put that on Youtube also?

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
awesome tony, sounds great. love the choppy idle. congratulations.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Thank you Mario.
I really appreciate all the support, input, advice and kind words that everyone on this site provides.
Being a "Gasser newbie", I sure needed it. :cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
My family and I took the Studey to a show at the Santa Maria Elks yesterday.
I couldn't get the registration updated until today so I trailer-ed it in.
Had a GREAT day and had a ton of positive comments.
IMG_1380.jpg
IMG_1382.jpg
Then today me sons and I took it to the local doughnut derelicts then decided to break in the rear end gears so went to a hamburger joint about 30 minutes away.
Other than a minor oil leak at the timing cover and a small coolant leak at the water pump, It runs great.
Temp holds at 185 and oil pressure is steady at about 65 psi cruising.
This thing is a BLAST!:cool::cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
I belong to a local hot rod club here in Santa Maria, Ca. called The Bent Axles (http://bentaxles.wixsite.com/bentaxles). This last weekend (third weekend in July) we had our annual car show.
It starts off on Friday for registration.
We have a meet and greet, free strawberry shortcake giveaway and raffles.
Saturday we have the car show in beautiful old town Orcutt. Again we give away strawberry shortcake to the guests who brought cars. We also have raffles, 50/50, a poker walk and a ton of giveaways to our guests.
Then on Sunday we have a poker run and host a traditional Santa Maria style BBQ. Here we announce the raffle winners, have another 50/50 and again give away lots of gifts to out guests.
At our show on Saturday we have a certain parking lot that most of the club members park their hot rods in, so I decided to bring the Studey.
While it was there I decided to take advantage of a local pinstriper, who attends every year. His name is Tim Broberg and his business it FastStripe. https://tim-broberg.squarespace.com/
I had him paint the "327 cu. in." on my lower fenders. He did it in a way that will look aged. I'll buff some of it off to age it even more in a few days.
I had a great time and the Studey got quite a bit of attention.
20180721_104852.jpg
20180721_105758.jpg
20180721_110812.jpg
20180721_111702.jpg

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
car looks awesome tony. and sounds like you had a great time. Now the rewards come hand over fist as you enjoy your cool ride.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
You are sure right Mario, driving this thing is so much fun.
Man it sure isn't like driving the grocery getter! You have to be aware at all times, and its loud, squeaks, rattles and smells! Just the way I like it. lol

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Ah, that description............

Tony,
That description; just the way I like my women too, LOL. The Stude looks great, glad you're starting to enjoy the rewards of you labor; enjoy.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Damn Tony it just looks so bad ass sitting there......and the best for me any way is it is a rarity among hot rods......

161 - 180 of 196 Posts