Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all we saw some nice old 20's 30's 40's cars at a pick and pull on NH this week end though you mite like this image.jpg I was also lucky to fine a 1937 coupe deck lid that will need some of Steve's wisdom and guidance :cool: as it is rough no pics of it yet but ill take some this weekend also snagged a 37 dash complete !!! Trunk lid and dash $175 I was pleased !!!

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
This is weird! Posted a reply to your post yesterday, and it's gone today! ????
That's a '48 or '49 A40, and quite a few had sunroofs in them. I see more with than without, so must have been a popuar option. Ii looks very salvageable if a guy got it cheap enough!
You sure got a lot of great parts for a reasonable price!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The parts there were very reasonable and yes it looked very salvageable ! There was quite a few restorable cars there an the most old car parts I have seen in one place .loads of old trucks as well there was a 331 or 354 hemi short block sitting on the ground

·
Registered
643 Posts
This is weird! Posted a reply to your post yesterday, and it's gone today! ????
That's a '48 or '49 A40, and quite a few had sunroofs in them. I see more with than without, so must have been a popuar option. Ii looks very salvageable if a guy got it cheap enough!
You sure got a lot of great parts for a reasonable price!
Hey Vall that disappearing post thing happened to me once last week, too.....

56 VIC - Tom

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Great find Scott ! ! There was a field of dreams out here that I went to back in the 90's and when the dad ( owner ) got upset with someone from Texas coming in and offering pennies on the dollar, he crushed, cut , and scrapped it all :( I will have to see if I can find some old photos.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's nice to go to a new bone yard to see what's there but I must say this is the 1st one I have been too with more Pre 50's cars than new cars & still have loads of parts ! Steve the trunk lid I grabbed is in need of the bottom 8"s replaced looked on line $250 for a 6" x trunk lid width rip off ! Don't think that is a part I would try to make myself !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts