Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Yes ditto, nice and I was wondering if it was steel too?
mario

·
Registered
138 Posts
looks cool. What are the specs? Body steel or fiberglass, engine etc

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Nice Willys! It could still be a gasser style car without an axle. Just a later gasser style. What frame is it sitting on?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Judging by the body seams. I gotta say glass body; going by the wheel base and disproportionate bed length, probably S10 frame. Engine, a 350 or 383, shifter makes it a Turbo 350 transmission.

How far off am I?

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Judging by the body seams. I gotta say glass body; going by the wheel base and disproportionate bed length, probably S10 frame. Engine, a 350 or 383, shifter makes it a Turbo 350 transmission.

How far off am I?
You may have seen too many Willys PU hotrods, and not notice that truck's box appears very close to stock length. Most that were hot-rodded got the boxes shortened, but I don't think this one (glass or steel) is disproportionally long.
Stock:

As for the shifter; I can't tell by looking at the shifter if it's a TH350, TH400, 200R or 700R4. All I can tell is it must be an automatic without a clutch pedal.

·
Registered
203 Posts
WOW ! I'm more used to looking at Gasser trucks with short beds and wheelie bars I guess, that bed IS long. Makes for a really a handsome truck in stock form, also true of the Studes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Sorry, I've been spending all of my free time on the truck rather than on the net. (June 17th deadline for our Btt50's event). The truck is plastic w a steel box (Scotts Rods) on the short S10 Blazer (2wd,2dr) chassis-lowered 3" all around. Mild 355 ci Speedway tripower w a race built manual control T350 w 2500 stall. I had to install a fuel pump regulator w return to make this setup to work w the in tank FI pump. 3:73 posi w aftermarket axles. The bed has been cut down now in height 8" but still is large and long. This will be cut back at least a foot later over the winter. The Welds are off and for sale ,replaced w 15x5" AR TTO fronts -undecided tires- w better backspace 15x10" AR TTD's/Mickey 12.5-28-15's on the back-. The race radiator has been replaced a w BIG 4" thick alum. 32 ford radiator. Installed the wiper (single drivers for now)yesterday. All most all of the parts including motor /trans./tripower used came from my stash except the wheels.

-I have to replace the door side glass w either a lighter tint or clear-Too dark per MN law. I had it checked by a state patrol officer neighbor.
-I still have the exhaust to do-tho I do have a temp 2 into 1 Flow Master setup in to be able to drive to my exhaust guy.
-I am trying to decide if I should put the taillights in the rolled tail pan-pretty tight heightwize or on the fenders. I am using 50 Poncho lights rather than Willys -very similar-to save a few bucks and get more light (larger).
-Currently working on shortening the running boards to just the fender forward box length.
-Looking at raising the seats for a bit more leg room.
-I am also looking for a S10 hitch to haul my Scamp camper to events. I will weld up a old school push bar style hitch insert for between camp trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
a couple current pics #1 w running board mocked up #2 without. Another choice to make. Choice #3 would be the running board bobbed to just ahead of the rear of the cab.
Very nice! Looks great to me with the full length running boards...... but for some reason, I'm digging it without. I guess it's just "different." :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Still a ways to go, but its up n running. Trophy'd at its first and only show in Aug., As I say work continues. Next up is 4" drop rear springs and 3" drop front w tubular lower A arms. I am tired of white knuckling while I drive so the 4:10's are being changed out for 3:42's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I am glad you clarified the model thing, I didn't want to get in trouble for telling you your daughter was hot! I really like the sunset photo, your truck is lookig great.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Very cool. Truck looks awesome. I like the sunset shot also
Mario

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nice rig. I still think it needs raised in the front and noisy fenderwell headers. That's just my thought. How's it drive ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts