Gasser HotRods banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Been 2 busy weekends, the body and chassie is now completely stripped of everything other then master cylinder and steering column. All ready to got to the fabricators for new 8.50 tagged cage and new strange rear axel and wheel bars. Also we have cut the rear out in preparation to tub the rears for the new wheels, I have test fitted them and they fit just how I wanted them too.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
They fit great. Nice job.

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Sounds like you're really moving along on the Willys!
Will you be installing modern wheelie bars, or making them look like those used in the 60's?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sounds like you're really moving along on the Willys!
Will you be installing modern wheelie bars, or making them look like those used in the 60's?
Hey Austin

Want the stance to look like the hemi hauler with similar wheel bars too.

Also we have decided that the low back seats we have are just to kow so will be switching to a set of jaz low back prostock seats. Also changing the red steering g wheel to a similar design but in back with quick release to make it easy to get in and out of.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Just a suggestion here. Have you thought about making the rear opening on the fenders straight down once they get past 180 degrees? It appears they curl back in towards the tire like the opening is a 210 degree circle. Looks a bit strange to my eyes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just a suggestion here. Have you thought about making the rear opening on the fenders straight down once they get past 180 degrees? It appears they curl back in towards the tire like the opening is a 210 degree circle. Looks a bit strange to my eyes.

Its the angle of the photo I believe, also need to add a rod behind the rear of the arch as it flexs inwards and is slightly bowed.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man, that looks like a very nice gasser! If I can say, I agree that the rear fender looks like it does curve inward toward the face of the wheel. I see it in several photos and it does appear that way. But I don't see the same effect in the blue car's rear fender. Just saying,

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Maybe its me..... but the curves look fine on the rear tires. Smooth curves as a visual.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts