Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend of mine sent this picture today. His in progress 1935 Plymouth gasser. Speedway axle, 9" Ford rear, 454 Chevy, with Muncie M22 4 speed. Just mocked up now, so long way to go yet. Wheels are ET's all around. Old originals up front, and new mfg. in the rear. I think the rears are 14" or 15" wide wheels!

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Street freaks are cool. I like the idea so far, too bad it's not a 440 or max-wedge, though. I hope he joins up here so we can follow his build along, too. Is he around here?

Mike

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Street freaks are cool. I like the idea so far, too bad it's not a 440 or max-wedge, though. I hope he joins up here so we can follow his build along, too. Is he around here?

Mike
About 4 houses from me! He's the same guy who has the baby blue '48 Austin gasser. The car is not at his house presently, as the chassis work is being done by someone else. It should be home in the next month though. I may be doing the engine mods to the 454. It's getting a tunnel ram, with big cam and gear drive.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Love the big meats on the back. This could be a really great gasser. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked him what those rears are and he said 15"x15" ET's with Hoosier 31/18.50 Quick Times!

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I could get him to start a build thread, but he doesn't spend much time on the computer.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Street freaks are cool. I like the idea so far, too bad it's not a 440 or max-wedge, though...... Mike
....or a two-four cross ram 413 with the carbs hanging over the front fenders.

413 Cross Ram Video>>>

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the 454 wont have anything as exotic as a crossram, but they are putting a tunnelram on it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That is a great looking car. I agree on the 413 with cross ram. That would look awesome in there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It needs a blown 392. I put one in a 36 Plymouth years ago and the valve covers hung out over the fenders. Definately made a statement.

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It needs a blown 392. I put one in a 36 Plymouth years ago and the valve covers hung out over the fenders. Definately made a statement.
He's got the same problem with the 454. The front fenders had to be notched to clear the valve covers, and also to clear the tubes on the fenderwell headers. That's a tight engine compartment, even with the engine sitting down in the frame!
He'll never go with a Mopar engine in his coupe. He likes the '35's body lines, but he's a diehard Chevy guy and wont use a Mopar in anything. I asked him how he could own a Mopar vehicle, and he said he didn't much care what body it was as long as the body was pre WWII.

·
Registered
64 Posts
No matter what engine he runs, its one cool car.Im not prejudiced
,a man should have at least one of each brand of car. Thats what happens when you like tham all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts