Gasser HotRod Forums banner

461 - 480 of 502 Posts

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #461 (Edited)
Ok this week I replaced the deck speakers with the new ones my son bought me. I glued the wrap around on the lower passenger side panel. I also glued the wrap around on the removable lower center back panel. I did a test fit again on the passenger upper quarter panel which made me take off another 3/8 off the window edge. Wrap around glue again and left it to dry. Wrap around gluing sounds easy but it takes a long time to remove the backing vinyl which is hot stamped into the material. Very tedious all around the panel. Closed shop for the night as my legs and knees are extremely strained tonight.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
Tonight I spent some time fitting the passenger quarter panel. The fit was close to what I wanted so I nailed it down in position over the lower panel with the upholstery screws. Next up was to check the back divider panel. Fit like a glove. Using the vinyl panel from Home Depot I was able to bend it around the roll bar and it fell right in place. I’m gonna use Velcro to keep it in place although it is staying in position as it is. This panel will have to be removable to replace the battery. I got so excited when I saw what I did I cut the passenger kick panel from the eucatile board. I’m gonna mount a speaker in each kick panel.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
When you're done I'm shipping my Willys back to you for pimping it out!!! Looks really good Mario, good job.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
When you're done I'm shipping my Willys back to you for pimping it out!!! Looks really good Mario, good job.
Thanks but there are plenty of flaws. Maybe when the carpet and seats are in place I might say good job. For now I’m making ends meet And hoping for the best. Thanks my friend.

·
Administrator
13,139 Posts
I think it looks great too Mario! And it's not just saving a bunch of money, but also something you did vs. paying somebody else to do! Nice work!

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
Oh crap I forgot to make clearance for the parachute cable to pass up the middle. Guess I’ll be bringing out the shop vacuum again.

·
Registered
628 Posts
WOW that looks veryyyyyyyyyyyyy good. I'm not their yet but have change my seats and redesign the interior in my head again. Hope my will look bitchinnnnnnnnnnnnnn like your coupe and Vall's coupe

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
WOW that looks veryyyyyyyyyyyyy good. I'm not their yet but have change my seats and redesign the interior in my head again. Hope my will look bitchinnnnnnnnnnnnnn like your coupe and Vall's coupe
Thanks Rik.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
I did get some time in today. My legs were just fatigued by the time I had to leave.
I removed the back divider long panel and notched the bottom wood for the chute cable. I also cut the panel for the cable as well. I need to trim the fabric. Then I moved on to the driver side quarter upper panel. Nailed it down with upholstery screws. I cut the material I need for the passenger kick panel. Glued it down with the new gorilla spray glue I got at the hardware store. I also cut out the speaker hole. I spent some time at the driver side moving wires for the kick panel. What a mess of wires.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #471
Today I cut out the speaker hole in the passenger kick panel. Wrapped the material in the hole and mounted the speaker. Fit the panel in place and vertical measurement was too tight. I had to peel back the cover and cut back like a quarter inch. Re-glued the bottom edge again. Next I moved on to the driver side Kick panel. I cut an L shape out of the eucatile board, to allow for the fuse box and Wiring. Then I took the white vinyl and cut out the full shape gluing it with spray glue and also super glue. Then I cut a smaller notch to clear the fuse panel. Everything was going so good and then I slipped with the screw gun and put a hole in the speaker. What a disaster. Now I had to order a new set to replace it. Really pissed me off. Stupid stupid stupid. On the last one no less.

·
Administrator
13,139 Posts
Hate when things like that happen! Wonder if the hole would even affect the sound of the speaker? I've pulled speakers out of cars that sounded great, only to find someone had accidentally poked a hole in one.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Thank you for screwing up the speaker ...I feel like you did it on purpose just so I could feel better about all the dumb shit mistakes I made on my project...once again I can look my self in the mirror and Stupid, Stupid, Stupid,.............lol

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Thank you for screwing up the speaker ...I feel like you did it on purpose just so I could feel better about all the dumb shit mistakes I made on my project...once again I can look my self in the mirror and Stupid, Stupid, Stupid,.............lol
Lol. Hahaha

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
Yaaaayyyyyyy I got my tunes back again.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Today I was off from work and spent a few hours out there before my legs fatigued on me.
I finished pinning up the rest of the panels and added the buttons to the upholstery screws to finish up the look.
Now Im facing laying down some carpet I bought years ago. I picked up the parachute handle and the shifter from the floor so I can plan out the carpet dimensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #478
The roof looks a little sloppy in spots but its not too bad overall. It was supposed to drape in between the wood rails every 8 inches or so but the dome light changed things up along the way. At first I was worried about the multiple patterns being used but all in all its not that bad. It adds some dimension to the interior with the different size shape diamonds.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Why am I not surprised to hear "Do Wap"? (I had to spell it with an "a" because it was censored spelled with an "o". WTF, are the political correctness idiots controlling this site now; unbelievable) I fully expected some Beach Boys 'Shut Down', Ronnie and the Daytonas 'Little GTO', Jan & Dean 'Little Old Lady from Pasadena'................... It sounds good and looks great Mario.

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
Why am I not surprised to hear "Do Wap"? (I had to spell it with an "a" because it was censored spelled with an "o". WTF, are the political correctness idiots controlling this site now; unbelievable) I fully expected some Beach Boys 'Shut Down', Ronnie and the Daytonas 'Little GTO', Jan & Dean 'Little Old Lady from Pasadena'................... It sounds good and looks great Mario.
Thank you Steve. Very encouraging to me.

461 - 480 of 502 Posts