Gasser HotRods banner

441 - 450 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
I am still mapping out the headliner screws and I needed to place the radio box back in where it was mounted to place the wire harness and antenna lead through either the headliner or the header panel. I cut out the header panel from my template and checked the fit. Made a few trim cuts for a better fit. For now I made cut outs at the top of the header panel for the antenna and wire harness cause Im still not sure where it all will fall in place yet. I will confess to you guys, just don't tell anyone, that I have a slight shortage at the passenger back area. I am going to try to pad the frame and wrap around the side header panel a little higher than I originally wanted to. Yes guys, Its another snaffoo!. I placed the dome light back in and the front header panel for a fit check before I glue the vinyl to it. I also checked the dome light to make sure it works right.

IMG_5854.jpg IMG_5855.jpg IMG_5856.jpg

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
I cut out the header panel and mapped out the wire harness and antenna lead cut outs for the radio. After I checked the fit I glued the 2x2 diamond pattern. So I’m using the 2x2 on the header and side panels to the back window.
8A84D9E6-37DD-4ADC-9A52-FA9C01A14668.jpg 9E6D8D6F-75AE-490A-85EF-76994E117BAB.jpg

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
I went out to the garage today. started grinding the edges of the board to make them................ maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_5884.jpg IMG_5887.jpg IMG_5889.jpg

I scored the back portion of the board that bends at the back of cab every inch across the back section. I wet the board and gently bent the board and persuaded it to curve and it looked like I got it half way there. I stopped to check the fit. I can't get the board through slot between the roll bar and body, because its too thick. ?$%%$%%()&())_*)(. Now I have to find something thin and flexible like a plastic sheet to swing passed the roll bar. It has to be 24x 60. Guess im off to Home Depot. What a disappointment this was. i really wanted to use that board to hang the side panels both sides.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Eucatile board is $17 a sheet for 48"x96" Mario. Most Home Depots have it.
Im using that now. Its too thick to make the bend around the roll bar area. i need something more flexible and thinner.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Mario just doing some catching upppppppppppppp Frank needs some tattoos of that crazy flame bird on the side of the car. Those diamond pattern are BITCHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!. Got some beer and popcorn and enjoyed that awesome movie thanks for sharing...…...….

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Sent you a message Mario. I just remembered I might have some material that is flexible enough for your sides of the headliner!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
Sent you a message Mario. I just remembered I might have some material that is flexible enough for your sides of the headliner!
Thanks Vall. I did find a white vinyl 4x8 sheet at homedepot but I’m just not feeling myself to go out there and put it up. I did cut it to my pattern and glue the eucatile board just where it needs straight area. I’m just so run down lately I can’t get myself out there to check the fit and glue the fabric vinyl. Thanks for thinking of me.

Reactions: 1946Austin

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
Mario just doing some catching upppppppppppppp Frank needs some tattoos of that crazy flame bird on the side of the car. Those diamond pattern are BITCHINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!. Got some beer and popcorn and enjoyed that awesome movie thanks for sharing...…...….
Thanks Rik

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
so this is what I bought for the sides of the roof. Its a vinyl 4x8 sheet. I cut out the patterns and now I was thinking about cutting the eucatile board template up to the point of not needing a bend and have the white vinyl finish the curve around back.

441 - 450 of 450 Posts