Gasser HotRods banner

421 - 440 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Today I pulled out the interior stuff. Seats, belts, radio, shifter console, and chute release lever. Dome light too. Had two disasters happen. The shifter console crumbled at the screw mount areas. Had to order another. Time is money and I can’t see myself trying to fix that plastic. Next up was the dome light. I popped the ring out and out came the glass falling down and breaking into 20 pieces. I kept calling Frank stupid stupid stupid. He couldn’t care less. So I ordered another light. I’m batting 500 in the basement today. Well anyway the good thing is I mapped out the roof area so I have a plan. There are 5 mounting areas with wood front to back. Just like 5 bows or rods. I’m gonna glue 5, 3/4” wide 4 ft long peices of the eucatile board in matching areas where the wood hangs so the headliner will be uniform side to side and I will use the screws with the upholstery button covers. I think it will work. So many panels to do as well. I took a break to think things out and not cut the material yet. I’m using the 4x6 diamond vinyl for the headliner. Side panels will be the 2x2 squares mounted vertically with the diamond shape but I need a thin flexible material to make the panels.

06DB408A-734C-4D24-AE57-1DE0F946BD21.jpg 1CCDEF7A-DC4F-4BF4-A89C-C3BFF7D85A7F.jpg 93251EE3-654D-4AAB-80C3-F901E3FB6CA0.jpg BCE86A6D-B9C7-4230-A047-A71B4DB22A0B.jpg

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
That

damn Frank. Just make sure you never, ever turn around and bend over in front of him Mario, LMAO :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #424 (Edited)
Looks good so far Mario! Probably find the smooth naugahyde cheap on Amazon.
Im getting the hint that you might not like the 4x6 pattern on the ceiling?? I already have it so I want to try it. I was thinking the different patterns may go well together. I do have a leather pattern I Was going to do the MG doors but since I did the diamond pattern I don’t need it. I could use it as a backup. I ordered the 4x6 by mistake. But the 2x2 square Amazon bought me. Delivery issues so they gave it to me.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
damn Frank. Just make sure you never, ever turn around and bend over in front of him Mario, LMAO :rolleyes:
don’t worry I trust him as far as I can throw myself. Lol

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Im getting the hint that you might not like the 4x6 pattern on the ceiling?? I already have it so I want to try it. I was thinking the different patterns may go well together. I do have a leather pattern I Was going to do the MG doors but since I did the diamond pattern I don’t need it. I could use it as a backup. 4x6 was a mistake. But the 2x2 square Amazon bought me. Delivery issues so they gave it to me.
No, you said you needed to find some smooth material also? That's what I was referring to.

"but I need a thin flexible material to make the panels."

Maybe I misunderstood what you were looking for here?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
No, you said you needed to find some smooth material also? That's what I was referring to.

"but I need a thin flexible material to make the panels."

Maybe I misunderstood what you were looking for here?
Oh ok I meant the flexible base to mount the fabric so I can make the rounds at the back of the cab.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #428
I was going through my hard drive and found this test n tune footage of me testing the converter at the line. The setup was all new to me so I pushed the envelope a little. Felt so good to romp on it. Man I wish we had a dragstrip. The staff didn't know I was a staffer just getting a run in. They wanted to know why I didn't have a number on my car. I got my licks in at the end of the night.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was going through my hard drive and found this test n tune footage of me testing the converter at the line. The setup was all new to me so I pushed the envelope a little. Felt so good to romp on it. Man I wish we had a dragstrip. The staff didn't know I was a staffer just getting a run in. They wanted to know why I didn't have a number on my car. I got my licks in at the end of the night.

nice, looking and sounding good!!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I may not

be able to stop myself from getting up tomorrow, going out, uncorking my 53 and doing a burn out in front of my house. If the neighbors call the cops and they show up I'm going to show them your video and put the blame on you Mario. Thanks for posting, I think.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
be able to stop myself from getting up tomorrow, going out, uncorking my 53 and doing a burn out in front of my house. If the neighbors call the cops and they show up I'm going to show them your video and put the blame on you Mario. Thanks for posting, I think.

hahnahahahaja. Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #433

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #434

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
My

how time flies when you're getting old :(..................

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Yesterday I shoe horned the headliner in over the roll cage. It was tough to do with the glued strips on it. It lined up with all the ribs as I glued the strips to the back of the vinyl. It looks messy right now. I’m still planning out the screws across the top. Right now the top is centered front to back. Called it quits for today as I broke the shop light plastic hanging hook and it fell. I’m like a bull in a China shop lately. I kinda like the look of the big diamond up top.

62208756-DD36-4259-B4DE-5FF917C085F5.jpg

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Hard to tell what it's going to look like at this point, but of course I love the continuation of the diamond pattern!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #439
I'm taking my time to do this headliner. I'm starting to think its gonna look a little loose across the top because of how Im hanging it. But I have a bit more work to do before I actually see how it fits up there. Today I made a template for the front header panel that goes over the front headliner. It wasn't easy getting the curve right. I wanted to use the windshield frame but I couldn't get it out without removing the windshield itself, and I wasn't doing that. Maybe tomorrow I will cut the Eucatile board with the jigsaw to the template I made. Im gonna glue some vinyl to it and screw it to wood bracing and hide the top vinyl thats ending behind it.

IMG_5846.jpg IMG_5847.jpg IMG_5848.jpg IMG_5849.jpg

·
Administrator
13,013 Posts
Looking forward to seeing how you do it Mario! I think sometimes the things we as amateurs figure out work as well, or better than some of what the pros do.

421 - 440 of 450 Posts