Gasser HotRod Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I am back..........lol ...been away on some bussiness, came home went over to my neigbors house to see what showed up from all my parts orders...a ton of stuff..as well as a ton of mail at the post office being held for me, will post some pics as soon as I get it all over here and unpacked

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
And the unboxing starts...my single 4 barrel and air filter also my new breather...that is replacing the oil fill cap...I am doing a open vent system with out a pvc setup all the vents will be filtered with oiled nylon mesh

Attachments

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I hate when shit happens...I got my new pan in was able to sneak it in with out dropping the headers...glad I went into the engine...when I went to unbolt the oil pump it was barely tight...he had put a gasket between the pump and block and no lock washers just some lock tight...only the marine engines 392 had a gasket so at 100 psi cold that gasket did not have a chance and was also on its way out...went with a melling hipo stock pump witch should be at about 60psi hot..so the shit that happened... Iam standing back and giving my self a pat on the back....when I remember I did not put the starter back on top of the header before putting the pan up.....dump shit mistake...I may be able to pull the solinoid off of it and reassemble it when mounted...or the header has to come off

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Which is easier Lash? Dropping the pan again, or the header, or trying to assemble the starter once it's up in place? I tend to go for easiest at my age, even if it costs me a gasket.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Yea Vall I go the easy route also when possable...dont give a shit about the gasket cost...I bought a full gasket set to have on hand, so do not have to wait a few days to get one to finish something simple...I do wish I had sprung for a higher performance cam since I had it down as far as I took it but hind sight is 20/20 and just that behind me...I did stud the block for the oil pan and also the valve cover attachment points...you cannot pull any thing with out coolant coming out ...so a studded things to prevent that ..

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
81 - 87 of 87 Posts