Gasser HotRod Forums banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
13,585 Posts
Well that dark dodge cloud just will not go away...every thing that has showed up has been defective or the specs on the part is not even close..coil over spring should be 2.5" i.d. it is almost 2 5/8" way to sloppy...and I was charged 4X retail from summit...both headlights where damaged...shocks where advertised as 1.84" but are 1.5" and will not work...every part so far has to go back
What the heck is got you so jinxed Lash?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Vall...more than likely all the women that I did and never called them later on,....and right now this country is all most all women running it...wonder why we are so screwed up...nothing worse than a woman on the rag...any way I had to do some holes since I have no use able parts right now a lot of what I need is out of stock like every where...I am moving the radiator up about and 1-1/2"'s so I can get an electric fan behind the radiator...I hate the flex a lite fan even if it moves a lot of air...they are dangerous as all hell...I had one let go on a customers truck and it when thru the inner fender and dent the out where I was standing revving the engine...I may be able to use a fan from a big block truck factory set up but I don't know if it will move enough air since they only turn at about 80% of crankshaft speed after warming up...it would be nice, I hate the noise that the electrics make...here is a pic of the headlight boxes ...any wonder they where damage

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,585 Posts
Good thing the radiator can move that far and still stay behind the shell. Maybe go to a fixed blade fan from something? A 5 or 6 blade would move plenty of air, and wont rob that much HP. You've likely got plenty there, so 2-3 HP loss wont even be noticed.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hey Lash, if you follow Valls suggestion about a fixed blade fan try to refrain from letting the Holenator drill any holes in the blades, LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Vall the radiator is mounted to the shell...so I can move it with out that problem...Steve too late I already put holes in the fan so it can spin faster.... smart ass.....lol

·
Administrator
13,585 Posts
Vall the radiator is mounted to the shell...so I can move it with out that problem...Steve too late I already put holes in the fan so it can spin faster.... smart ass.....lol
Thought you had a hood, but guess I was dreaming. If so, you must be planning to not use it once you move it forward?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Vall I do have a hood...but it weighs more than my ranger hood..besides why cover up a big ass hemi...............lol... but seriously I may make my own out of aluminum later on with louvers or some thing..I like the back end look...might go fatter on the back end and raise it up a little to give it a front end dumped look..right know I want it back on the road...so parts please get here and be right.....just got a call that my radiator is done..time to go

·
Administrator
13,585 Posts
I'd vote for an aluminum hood with no sides to let the heat out, and allow people to see that hemi!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well that dark dodge cloud just will not go away...every thing that has showed up has been defective or the specs on the part is not even close..coil over spring should be 2.5" i.d. it is almost 2 5/8" way to sloppy...and I was charged 4X retail from summit...both headlights where damaged...shocks where advertised as 1.84" but are 1.5" and will not work...every part so far has to go back
Don't you wish there was regular speed shop around anymore?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
My headlight replacements showed up today...decide I have been lied to too many times buy sells on ebay... so I got these from drag specialties

Attachments

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Well today I got un-frustrated with waiting for parts and started the headlight change over...I got lucky and found every thing at the local hardware store...or in my junk stuff...I used some leaf spring bushings some steel sleeves pressed in...and for a spacer I found some bronze pipe fittings that I drilled out to fit, used some o-rings to stop and type of rotation, sandwiched between every thing (friction)...now i Need to find some boots to cover where it meets at the radiator shell and get some chrome washers and acorn nuts and maybe polish the bronze fittings...there not as nice as the bullet ones that where defective but a big improvement over the originals

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,585 Posts
I like that size headlamp a lot better!
What company's wheels are those? Did you buy a full set of 4? What sizes?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Vall, the center cap is "ET" which surprised me because I thought Lash at one time said he'd had problems with ET wheels and wouldn't use them but maybe it's a different company.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Vall ....Steve is right they are E.T.'s..15x5"...I only got the front pair...I am one of those guy's that prefer two different styles on a car...I may go with 10" steel rims on the back painted the same grey as the et's and some air shocks also on the back..Steve the ones I sent back where Rocket brand wheels....On another note, I called my radiator guru guy about what fan set up to use, CFM wise..said I was going to use a puller fan....to my surprise he said that the core was to thick for a puller and needs to have a pusher fan at about 3000cfm..pullers should be used on later style radiators with a more open core...so I learned something from my fellow old geezer...and he learned from me about the dangers of the metal flex fans...after he looked it up on line and reading about them...he said he was going to change his out for something else..and the cloud is still over my head took out my new rack and pinion from Summit today...it is a defective return they sent me was not in the bag and the packing was all oily....and the input splines were F..d...tried a little cleaning up with a jewelers file but there is just to much taper in the shaft so it goes back...so far an 80% return rate...if what I got coming from speedway is crap then I am just going to throw it back together and get rid of it...a holes have taken the fun out of it for me

·
Registered
811 Posts
That sucks about Summit. I most always go with Speedway.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Vall ....Steve is right they are E.T.'s..15x5"...I only got the front pair...I am one of those guy's that prefer two different styles on a car...I may go with 10" steel rims on the back painted the same grey as the et's and some air shocks also on the back..Steve the ones I sent back where Rocket brand wheels....On another note, I called my radiator guru guy about what fan set up to use, CFM wise..said I was going to use a puller fan....to my surprise he said that the core was to thick for a puller and needs to have a pusher fan at about 3000cfm..pullers should be used on later style radiators with a more open core...so I learned something from my fellow old geezer...and he learned from me about the dangers of the metal flex fans...after he looked it up on line and reading about them...he said he was going to change his out for something else..and the cloud is still over my head took out my new rack and pinion from Summit today...it is a defective return they sent me was not in the bag and the packing was all oily....and the input splines were F..d...tried a little cleaning up with a jewelers file but there is just to much taper in the shaft so it goes back...so far an 80% return rate...if what I got coming from speedway is crap then I am just going to throw it back together and get rid of it...a holes have taken the fun out of it for me
When you get ready to throw it out, let me know. Be there in time for dinner with my trailer :)

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
so my order from speedway shows up took ten days with express shipping that never happened so they gave me that back...the shocks that they sent where not even close to what they said both in a online chat and in there add so those are going back but the coil springs are nice and correct..I am waiting for some bushings that will take a week so I can put the old coil overs back together and in the car..the shocks are ok but I hate doing all that work just to compromise the repair...waiting for parts from hotheads hemi's for some gaskets and seals so I can reseal the bottom end ..I hate drips...I have spent more time online shopping than it will to fix every thing I want

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Some thing I thought I would not see..was going to home depot the other day and I got passed be 1924 Dodge coupe like mine but in red...same stance lowered and more than likely a small block in it cause it had a full hood...can not have that with a big block Hemi

41 - 60 of 91 Posts