Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know if any of the other members collect diecast gassers or not but I do and have been for about 15 years. My collection started when I saw an ad from Motor City USA Design Studios in an issue of Motor Books. com. They were manufacturing 1/24 scale replicas of the more famous AA/GS cars. I went on to collect the complete series. Then the 1/18scale cars started to be released. Super Car Collectibles, GMP, Danbury Mint (1/24), Acme and some others. Along with my nostalgia gasser art collection, if your interested there's some photos in one of my other postings, I acquired a pretty nice collection; including a few I've made myself.
I've become aware of a new private builder on the scene now who does one off cars. I actually found him by accident on e-bay. I have since purchased 3 of his builds. He makes his own headers, straight axles, lift bars, etc. His ebay store name is 'The Gasser Garage'. His name is Bob Reid out of Arizona and he's a hell of a nice guy, I've called and talked to him several times. If you want to contact him directly his number is (928) 667-3295. I told him I'd be posting about him on this site so if you contact him by phone or ebay let him know how you heard about him. Anyway I'm including photos of the three cars I've purchased from him in case any of you other members also collect die cast cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Nice job on the cars. I collected a good variety of amt and revell Chevy models. Not built but someday I may need to build them to satisfy my car insanity. Lol
Mario

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
I admire the workmanship he does! Looks like he gets them correct, and with all the little details to look realistic too! I did collect some Dale Earnhart diecast cars in various sizes when he was alive and driving, but never got into collecting diecast in general. The old Earnhart stuff is just sitting in the boxes drawing dust since his death. Never bought anymore when the prices went crazy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts