Los Angeles Annual Gasser Show
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Annual Gasser Show

Los Angeles Annual Gasser Show

It's coming around again. I missed it last year because I was working on the headers for my 53 but I just sent in my registration for this year.

http://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/gassers/
    Last edited by sbauman2; 09-28-2018 at 11:07 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Got an email update about the event; looks like they're starting to expand the advertisement of the event. This is the first time they've asked for photos of the cars to post on line. The email is below. I hope this event continues to grow in the coming years. As I understand it the first two years were two of the most popular events they've ever done.

Hello all Registered Gassers 3 participants!
    I am reaching out to you as I would like to ask if you can please send me the car you will be bringing to the show and if possible, a picture of the car. And please let me know if you are ok with me posting on Facebook and other social media outlets your car? We will put up pictures only showing what cars are coming so we can get people excited about the show… and only with your approval.
    We are very excited about this year’s Gassers event. We have hit our registration max and are now creating a wait list to see how we can add more cars. It is going to be an incredible day!

Looking forward to meeting you all on August 27th, 2016.

Thanks for posting, Steve. I'm definitely going to be there. Spectator or otherwise. car registration is full, I might try to get on the wait list. My car might be ready to hit a show by then. This would be a good one.
    Hidden Content Thanks, Craig

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Craig,
    If you make the show be sure to look for my 53 and introduce yourself. It would be cool if you were able to get your car out there; even if it's not running. It's such a beauty it'd be sure to draw a crowd.

I'll definitely say hi Steve, see you then. I'll see about getting my car there.

Heading Out But Sans Car, Damn it!!

Getting ready to head out to the GASSERS 3 show but without my car. I waited to long to reserve a car trailer from the local U-haul. I didn't get my coolant leak figured out and fixed until yesterday and by then it was to late. The leak turned out to be the gasket between the water pump housing and the steel backing plate of my new, American made aluminum water pump. I got a PM from Craig (Beer 30) and he's not going to be able to make it because of some gremlins that popped up. The only other member who said he might make it is Gary (Warlock) with his Red/White Nova.

Too bad guys. Sounded like fun. Maybe next time.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Steve, I got a pic and text from Gary (Warlock) this past weekend he was at a rest stop going to California on his motorhome hauling his Nova. I hope he has a great time and takes lots of pictures.
    Last edited by noted1017; 08-27-2016 at 05:08 PM.
    Rik

I'm back from the GASSERS 3 event and was not disappointed. There were a whole lot of cars I had never seen before. There were many more what I would call "survivor" cars this year. Really like looking at them because it brings back memories of my by gone years.
    I saw the Red/White Nova of Gary (Warlock) but any time I walked by his car I never saw anyone who looked like the owner near by so I wasn't able to meet him.
    There weren't as many Willys and tri 5 Chevys this year but surprisingly there were a bunch of Henry Js. There were three cars that I really liked that I took a photo of. A steel bodied Willys that the owner was doing some really nice metal work on and I really don't like the pro street look. If it were done and painted I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. A candy apple red Willys pick up, I think it was the name that caught my attention. The other is a reworked 57 Chevy sedan delivery that the owner had shortened and painted black, it was flawless and I didn't get a photo of.
    This show is most definitely getting bigger and drawing more participants and spectators.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1740.jpg   CIMG1739.jpg  

Yeah, man, I'm bummed that I had to pull the plug on going. Really wished it worked out different. I was mostly looking forward to meeting a few of you guys there!

Steve, Gary (warlock), Tony (tlap), hope it was a good event. Please post any pictures you may have taken. Thanks.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements