41 Willys Pick up - Page 2
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 41 Willys Pick up

Fuel, Water, and Oil

Well, I think I'm about ready to try starting the motor. Since I didn't build it I'm hopping the guy who did knew what he was doing. Supposedly it was freshly built and balanced but there was no paper work to substantiate that. I pulled the plugs out to squirt a little oil in the cylinders and if the plugs are from this motor it all looks good. Just need to fill all the necessary fluids; pull the distributor to prime and check for oil pressure and hopefully it'll start.
    I'm done for the day; probably get to it one day this week after work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1636.jpg  
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Looking good Steve. You're still getting this together to sell? Careful there after it's running you may fall in love and need to keep it! Hope the engine work the other guy did was solid and everything goes smoothly. Best luck
    Hidden Content Thanks, Craig

Good luck Steve! Hope it is as good as promised!
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Steve can you get in there and prime the oil pump...if you dont have one I think I have one that works off of a drill some where in my stuff, that is low profile
    Lash

Lash, I think I'll be able to get my primer tool in there and use my 90 degree 3/8 drill to spin it; thanks for the offer though.

That's a cool project steve. I wish you well with it. Hope all goes your way with getting it together.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

I'm leaving for a weeks vacation today, in about 3 hours. I told myself I was going to get the Willys fired up and the wheels going around before I left. Yesterday I cancelled my clients to get it done. I double checked everything, filled the trans, pulled the distributor, primed the motor until I was getting oil to all rockers, dropped the distributor back in, gave it some advance, turned on the fuel pump, (fully expecting several leaks from the long sitting Holley carb), checked the float level and hit it. Fired right up. Sounds great, 60 psi oil pressure at 1500 RPM, 175 degree water temp, and no leaks. Man I'm going to hate selling this. I'll post a video when I'm back next weekend.

Awesome Steve! Glad it went well for you! Enjoy your vacation! Gotta love that SoCal weather! Sure looks better than 50's and rain here.
    Lon

That's great Steve. Now you can feel accomplished. Glad you didn't get stuck with a basket case project. I bet you will be sad to let it go.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

That's great news Steve! Glad it went so well, but I'm sure it will be a little sad when it leaves!
    Vall

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements