Made some progress - Page 3
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Made some progress

It kind of looks the toughest slung low like it is in your very first photo in the thread. High up like that, it looks somehow fragile like it wouldn't really function correctly mounted to a flimsy tail gate.

Way down low, as in the first pic, it seems like there might be some additional mounting bracing going on behind the valance/attached to the push bar, you know? Just looks tough down there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Another way

I can do this I just have to make it a double quick release and remove to open tail gate would not have to mod what I have????? keep in mind the bag only holds the chute, the chute is really attached to the balance point off the frame
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails final dr 001.jpg  
    Lash

I agree with Gary on placing it under the lettering. Kinda fits there. But whatever you choose will be fine.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys, I just have not had that lighting bolt strike to the head that i usually get. I know its a small thing but its hard to get a classic look out of something thats not a classic... so the little stuff matters more... I may have to do a temp set up cause I need to get the bumper coated with bedliner cause rain is on the way then cold weather, need at least 70 degrees to do it outside it really stinks, I like it under the lettering also I think I need a smaller light though
    Lash

Have you looked at moving it further under the truck, so the plate is still visible, but not "in your face" as it is in these three choices? It looks like a centerpiece up high, and most other places it detracts from the whole rear view. I'd either mount it under the truck back in a foot behind the bumper, or choose the lower left bumper, if it has to be out farther.
    Vall

howdy Lash I agree with Vall and mount it on the lower left bumper

Well these showed up at my door today not real happy with them they look great but the mounting surface area is lacking....only about 2/3 of the outer face of the rim surface area touches the rotor face, its the 1/3" raised area on the outer edge, then in the inner there is a bevel part that has a surface area on about .020 ths. no where do the lugs put pressure on the rotor face they stress the center of the wheel at the to contact points, Iam thinking these need to go back to summit racing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rims 001.jpg   rims 002.jpg  
    Lash

I haven't tried any of the rocket wheels, but that sure doesn't look right or safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Well these showed up at my door today not real happy with them they look great but the mounting surface area is lacking....only about 2/3 of the outer face of the rim surface area touches the rotor face, its the 1/3" raised area on the outer edge, then in the inner there is a bevel part that has a surface area on about .020 ths. no where do the lugs put pressure on the rotor face they stress the center of the wheel at the to contact points, Iam thinking these need to go back to summit racing
    That's to bad, they really look good.

I've never seen the back side of the Rocket wheels. That doesn't look good to me either! ET Gasser that is much nicer design, and mounting. About $10 more per wheel, but well worth the extra money!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-III-Gas...pVwT1d&vxp=mtr
    Vall

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements