Made some progress - Page 2
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Made some progress

Lash, I'm so pumped to see you get back,, I see where this is going and you sure know what your doing???? Damn that looks sweet!!!! I'm going to have to do some school stuff now and bid you good health on a job well done.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Yup it flips

Got a little more done doing easy stuff,hope that I will be able to weld the lower bracket on Wednesday, it flips up, didnt think of putting the license plate there till after words...wonder if the state would mind if I trim off the evergreen state.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tail gate 3 005.jpg   tail gate 3 003.jpg  
    Lash

Nice job on the flip. This part is whats got me waiting on the epoxy. I need to do one more weld up out back for the chute pack. Its paining me to order the chute right now. Not sure what to do. Im hoping they are similar in sizing. thought I might take the measurements off the Simpson chute on the coupe.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Maybe put the plate on another bracket to mount on the bumper?
    Vall

Think maybe you might take off the rear bumper and add a roll pan, put your plate there. Add some nerf bars. Or add a bracket to your round bumper for it (probably way easier, thanks Vall) KISS right, naw, gotta over engineer things

Mike this is my second bumper I have made the first was a modded stock ,then the tube, I even looked at a pan that was in the junk yard ,(plastic).....yuk..... Oh bye the way there is a deploye bag on ebay new starting at $50 Simpson silver fire proof bag I think, my bag is 9x9x5 for a 12 foot shoot the one one ebay is 9x9x7 the plate holes that come with the bag for mine are 8x8 deist. Vall, I had all ready planned to put it on the bumper bracket under the bumper but I saw a 41 Willys truck in gasser magazine with it mounted above the chute and liked it, Kiss I like it but I have problems with following it, I was going to just whip up a bracket with angel iron but ended up using tubing, alot more work and tough to weld nice with a mig, I really want a tig maybe the wife will buy for Xmas............Yaaaaaaaa like thats going to happen
    Lash

need help with desion

License location Iam at that point, any combo higher lower. I really dont want to redo my chute bracket, also the license plate light can be replaced with led lic. plate bolts so no problem with losing the old school one that I do like.........Input Input thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   005.jpg   006.jpg  
    Lash

I like the third pic, lower left, of the 3 . What about mounting it on the tailgate right under poison ivy lettering? Maybe give it a try? Just my opinion but any gasser shouldn't have anything under the rear bumper. Might get ripped off if everything truly goes according to plan!
    Hidden Content Thanks, Craig

licence plate

Like this Craig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 007.jpg  
    Lash

Under the lettering looks good. You could go all street roddy and get one of those brackets that spring retracts and swings down with engine vacuum. Probably be short on vacuum, though, right?
    Gary

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements