Made some progress - Page 154
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1541

Thread: Made some progress

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Damn I forgot all about the flex pipe stuff........... I will have to look into that as a source to maybe connect both sides up with a cut out
    don’t forget the braided flex pipe too. Summit has those.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-643030

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6011941E-0961-4AA2-95A5-3557CA806A83.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	104535
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Spent some time out in the shop beating out some brackets and figuring out the rear ones....man this shit burns up the time...hope to have them finished by weekends end..........I mounted the rear ones up to see how much I needed to bend them..figured it would take a few shots to get them just right.......heated them up bent them....refitted them and they were dead on...I will triangulate the rears also
    Those will be plenty strong. Good plan Lash. Are you gonna make a clearance for the E cable?
    Triangulate is the word of the day.
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 12-20-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................

Look Maw...

No jack stands...man what a pain in the ass trying to get them to look optically correct on a body that has a flare on both ends...ended up taking the brackets and making slots so they could be adjusted on the truck...when I lined them up looking down from the open door and where parallel they looked off standing back looking at the truck...so one down one to go but will be much faster since the brackets are kitted and only need welding and slotting...there not going any where ...I can pull my self up buy them with no deflection
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pipes 001.jpg   pipes 005.jpg  
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

They look great! I think they're a good addition to your truck.
    Vall

I like them

Lash, smoothed welds and a nice muted silver color; good job.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Thanks guys ..Steve there in there natural state have not finished them yet...if I want them perfect I will have to go back over them with a weld build up and then take them down till they are perfect. But I am thinking rather than fight the warp age from doing that I may make a hole-n-nater flush face plate to cover the welded area...or maybe a chrome band clamp in that area with a logo on it...I still am going to paint them....black...? green...or maybe the silver...??

It looks perfect.
    Mario

Don't asssss-sume

That both sides of something are the same...made matching pipe brackets...went to hang the right side today...only to find the body has a 1" off set to the right...I knew that the steering was off set in the cab but not the body...got to redo about 4 hours of work...I would have known this if when I did the body lift and measured the cab position....but NO I had to do the easy way and marked spots on the frame and body to put it back correctly

Might it be easier to drill holes in the frame to match vs. redoing the mounts?
    Vall

Got them just about done

still have finish work...lots of it, but it did stop raining long enough to sweep the shop up and pick up the mess..I have a second set of holes in the brackets that will allow me to tuck them in tighter, if I want.... now they are set up with the front out a little more than the back looks better that way rather than straight along the rocker, due to the flare at the front and rear on the rockers..I need to cut the reducers down so that I do not have a lot of over lap (slip fit) showing...of course it started to rain as soon as I pulled the chop saw out side...so I shut down for the day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clean up 001.jpg   clean up 005.jpg  

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements