Made some progress - Page 121
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,207 of 1207

Thread: Made some progress

It all

used to be so much easier before the metric crap. I ended up buying a set of metric Allen wrenches to carry on my work truck because most plumbing fixtures have metric set screws. It is really infuriating when you go to a "parts" store and they sell you the wrong item. I had the same experience as you Lash when I was running the brake lines for the Willys. I got to a point where I needed something like a 15" length to finish the front lines. I jumped in my car, ran to Auto Zone and got the line that was long enough to cut down. I get it cut, do the inverted flare, bend it to the right configuration, go to install it, and the fittings don't thread in, WTF!!! Yep, the idiot had sold me a metric line. I suppose some of it is on me for not checking it.I did notice that the tag on it was a different color but I didn't pay any attention to that, just thought it was the packaging.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I have my 8 ft length metric line up in the garage attic. Lol
    maybe I should buy stock. Lol
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Speedway says

It wont work... arm will not work on top with caliper and lower arm will not work on a 4" drop axle...I guess they do not now how to use a grinder...really did not take a ton of grinding just had to be in the right spots and spread it out so as not to have to take to much off one part...i clear coated the arms so they would not rust where they were modded....What Speedway says will work with my Roadster Shop spindles is there nut kit...witch will not work with or with out the extra spacer...plus it only has six holes witch leaves the bearing to tight or two loose...so I dug threw my old ford truck stash and found these beauty's 49 ford f1 spindle nuts and only one washer... they are dirty but like new...and have 8 slots instead of six like crapways...and will work perfect...but I need one more washer...will have to dig around some more...I am just about ready to mount my calipers and put my lines on....spent a lot of time cutting bolts and stuff to make shit fit.... Speedway bolts for the arms where to long and bottomed in the lower arms ...I am leaving the 2nd hole on the top arm and O am going to add a second hole to the steering arm so of I need to change the ratio a little I can do that...you never know since I am using a steering system that is linear and does not move in an arc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails axle nuts 002.jpg   axle nuts 003.jpg   axle nuts 001.jpg  
    Lash

Nice work modifying things to make them fit your use. I enjoy putting those sort of things together.
    Vall

I had to grind the heck out of the steering arms from Speedway. The inside wouldn't fit up against the king pin area. Arch was to short. I welded more material on the outside to compensate thickness and strength.
    so far so good.
    Looking good Lash.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

I've often had to clearance the kingpin area on Speedway arms when I used them for various builds. Or at least build spacer bushings to move them away from the kingpins for clearance. I was pleasantly surprised when I bought the kit for the '58 truck axle in my '39 and it needed no modification at all!
    Vall

I think

it's the law of averages; eventually things go right, at least once anyway.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

9. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements