Made some progress - Page 132
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1327

Thread: Made some progress

duzzzzzzz not work

Like the old stuff...Jasco paint stripper...second generation...more friendly....but not like some of the others that do nothing now...was $50 for a gallon witch I wanted just a quart... but the gallon was just about enough to do the hood due to the fact I had to apply 3-4 times to get it to work...and wait a couple hours between coats, was not doing any thing in the shade so I moved it to direct sun and it started to lift the paint.... does nothing to the edp primer...witch may be good...it does water neutralize...wish the hood was a cherry..I would do a Deloren finish to it....lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hood strip 001.jpg   hood 001.jpg  
    Last edited by Road Angels; 06-23-2020 at 10:25 PM.
    Lash

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

I love/hate stripper!! It certainly does the job, but it's never fun to use it. I like the Jasco aircraft grade stripper, as it seems to be hotter.
    Vall

The good got my hood prepped for painting...the bad eBay notified me that the panel bond I bought was a fraudulent seller...the good...I got my money back ...the bad I can not move on my hood....the good my replacement spring for my front axle showed up...to replace the defective one...the bad...it cost me $80 to ship the defective one back...I think the ugly bitch at the ups store ripped me off...when I got home I looked up all the perimeters and it should have been $50....the good.... she will always be ugly
    Lash

Good news bad news. I don’t like that game. Oye vey.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Last tube of 3M panel bonding caulk I got off an Ebay seller was too old. I couldn't get my caulking gun to even push it out! I ended up bending my caulk gun trying. I was bonding the hood pin bracket inside the front of my fiberglass hood, so I cut the tube open, and used a stir stick to get the panel bond out, and bond my bracket in place.
    Vall

Battle of the parts

Got some time in the shop, spent most of the time looking for parts that I put away so I could find them...like that really worked...not...any way started on the assembly...but had to do some playing around with things to get the caster where I wanted it and get the wish bones as parallel to the frame as possible...and to see if I would have to modify the cross member due to the wider axle...I may have too, I am sitting at 8 degrees...and the heim joints are about 50% threaded in...75% or more would be better...but they are high end joints...the tires with this axle will be out about an 1" more each side so it will not have that sucked in look...also the 4 inch wider spring...goes out to where the coil over shocks will mount as well as the wider axle will cant the shocks out more...I like this axle much better, the other had a T Bucket look......pic is of the axle with all the body weight on it...the the coil overs will pick up the drive train weight...found some chrome dune buggy ones for a good price..this will also put about 35% of the load in the spring wells
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new axle 001.jpg   axle 001.jpg  
    Last edited by Road Angels; 06-29-2020 at 10:27 PM.
    Lash

That really looks great Lash. I like that you pushed the wheels out a little. It will look outrageous when its on all 4 again. I put the VW coilovers on the MG. Not chrome, just black. They don't really push up as much as you might want. Might have been that they were mounted too low on the axle but I had to go to air shocks to push up enough to clear my tires for good.
    Where I would have needed them to push the car up, would have been too short a travel for the shock piston.

PS. I know you know this already but I will say it anyway. Wash that hood down real good with a prep cleaner before you start any primer. I know , I know, but I had to say it anyway.
    Last edited by mmhotrod; 06-30-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Mario where the shocks you tried the long ones 23" for dune buggy or the standard type ones used on baja bugs...I could also go with some Gabriel GM rear over loads..prep solvent whats that???? doesn't that burn on the penis!!!!
    Lash

That's a great looking axle Lash, and looks really nicely engineered. I also like the wider stance, and it's going to be more stable also. Looking forward to when you can move forward to engine on your Ranger!
    Vall

Yeah

me too!!!
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements