Made some progress - Page 135
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 135 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1382

Thread: Made some progress

If yours took 3 days, better plan for a week here!
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

And

at least 2 weeks here!!!
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Some things do get cheaper

Found these old Mr.Gasket Blue Dots in a box of stuff, was thinking damn what a find....but looking up on the web they still make them and are cheaper than what I paid way back when...there illegal here...most police here will not stop you for them ....except one woman cop in town....she sucks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blue lites 001.jpg  
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Buddy of mine put them on his gorgeous 28T pickup. Has a '49 Ford taillight lenses, and they're LED. He found out that putting them on LED made his lights almost non existent during the daylight! If he signaled, or braked nobody could tell he was!
    Vall

It may be this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHr4Ajg9J6s...or if he is running an array led or a single modular system...video can be jumped to about 2.5 min. with out losing any info

shit takes forever

Thought I had every thing good to go on the hood...well turns out I forgot to take into account the curve of the hood when doing my stud placement...lucky... I had not glued any thing yet so I was able to fix it before my stud mounts on the inside of the scoop where permanent...they where dead on when I first placed them... then I did a trial bolt down witch went ok till I discovered I could not pull it back off with the studs in place...witch I am using too line every thing up when I go to panel bond glue it down...found some flexible Extreme 815 slow cure stuff...so hope I will get it on perm this week and painted...went to home depot to find some screen and found nothing I liked so I think I am just going to paint inside the scoop and call it good...I kind of like the open holes...pics with it bolted down
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails studded hood 001.jpg   studded hood 002.jpg   studded hood 003.jpg  

Amen

to that Lash, amen to that!!

Once again its time to play

lets make a decision...the top of the tear drop is not even close to being flat...I could bondo it...paint it flat black or paint it with bed liner...or do some art work on the top to cover it up witch only the driver will see...unless you are at least six foot four..or taller...the bed-liner that I used on the rear spoiler comes out like a wrinkly paint job but a little coarser....and flat, is just that flat...I am kind of worried about the bondo staying put due to the flexible nature of the fiber glass...here is a pic of my old hood with bed liner applied to it...any ideas or thoughts...I am trying to do the hood with all can paint...I do not want to spend a ton of time and money rebuilding my well used and in need of resealing my old DeViliss gun
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 012.jpg  

I must

be missing something or I'm more blind than I thought I am. Looking at the photos you posted above that bubble seems to sit down perfect with no noticable (in the photos anyway) gaps between the hood and bubble; so what's the problem. I would think that between using auto panel bonding cement and bolting it down it'd be perfect.
    Last edited by sbauman2; 07-28-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Honestly Lash the allmetal will not let go of the fiberglass if you scratch it up for grip. It’s so hard it takes extra patients to sand it. Ask Vall about that. You could smooth it down from 40 to 80 to 120 and get it to to at least 300 grit without fillers. And i think it would be up to your standards. DA sander here we come.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements