Made some progress - Page 133
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 1,321 to 1,326 of 1326

Thread: Made some progress

Thats lookin good.
    What engine are you planning on running??
    Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Tony this is a driver..4 banger....2.5L bored and stroked to 2.8L... turbo.... larger Mass air flow...flowed head... bigger injectors...piggy backed ECM...and some other things...I like the smooth techno power ...if the stand alone stuff for a 5.0 coyote wasn't so damn expense I would go that way...but I want heat and A/C and 25mpg
    Lash

Pick'in away

Got the repair work on the hood done...way more corrosion than I thought hiding under the red paint...got it all dug out with some pitting...not bad ...but did take the time to treat it and seal it ...then wiped down the back side real good and gave it a good scuffing and then another wipe down...then shot it with some semi gloss hood paint...did not shoot the center because I will be using that area to support the hood while doing the top...then got the top sealed with some etching primer...will let it sit for a few days then scuff and use some filler primer on it...also got my spindles mounted...but had to stop there cause I forgot to do some frame painting so that has to dry...then I will mount the internal frame reinforcement for the leaf spring....I was wondering what I was going to due for the cross member to make up for the heim joint being out to far...well I forgot I had allowed for adjustment using shims...problem solved....with weight on the spring and the axle in driving position I am at about 7.5 degrees of caster...with full unload I am at 5 degrees so axle drop out should not be a problem...are we having fun yet oh yea
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new stuff 001.jpg   new stuff 005.jpg   new stuff 004.jpg   new stuff 003.jpg  
    Lash

Lash, are those white marks around the outside edge of the hood in the first picture? Or just an optical illusion? If they're marks, what are you using them for?

The axle looks super clean! As usual, nicely done!
    Vall

Did I ask a bad question Lash? Hope I didn't say something wrong.
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Lash, are those white marks around the outside edge of the hood in the first picture? Or just an optical illusion? If they're marks, what are you using them for?

The axle looks super clean! As usual, nicely done!
    thats a reflection coming from the inward bend of the aluminum notches. Looks like white but its the reflection.

that axle looks so cool.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

8. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements