Made some progress - Page 146
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 146 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1471

Thread: Made some progress

What good is an I beam axle without holes?
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Axle

Clean enough for paint starting with using my 5 left over 1/4 full self etching primer cans....you know the cans that will only spray vertical cause there 1/4 full...time to clear the paint shelf of all the ones you saved.....yea a budget job
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails axle 004.jpg  
    Last edited by Road Angels; 10-03-2020 at 12:30 AM.
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Looks great Lash. Are you going with the holes or no holes on the axle? You're paintjob looks great too. My friend and I are going to try to lace my top once it's ready for paint, will be the first time for both of us.
    Nick

There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, there was never a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

Nick I decided not to do the holes...the biggest I can go on them is 7/8" with out going into the bottom of the beam top...looked on line at some and they just did not look right....too small....1-1/8 would have been perfect...but would be to far into the structure...the transverse axle is about 60% lighter than a parallel spring axle, if not more...I am working on an idea to solve that problem, I hope

In the end

What really matters...is you get it done...first was going to do holes...too small wont work for me then the idea of a fillet plate at the front with holes drilled in it and then polished...could not find the right size to fit in to the recess part of the beam...so I will just paint it...well did not have enough of one color to do the whole thing...sssooooo....two tone was the option of the day...does not show but I also sprayed on some duplicolor effects looks great in person but does not show in the pic...I used up 8 cans of near empty spray bombs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails painted 2 tone 001.jpg   painted 2 tone 004.jpg   painted 2 tone 003.jpg  

Green and blue, with a fade? Or is the blue just masking tape?
    Vall

Hell

I thought maybe the Holenator was going with a theme in support of the Rainbow Coalition, LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Nick I decided not to do the holes...the biggest I can go on them is 7/8" with out going into the bottom of the beam top...looked on line at some and they just did not look right....too small....1-1/8 would have been perfect...but would be to far into the structure...the transverse axle is about 60% lighter than a parallel spring axle, if not more...I am working on an idea to solve that problem, I hope
    I always use a half inch holesaw for electrical work, which has an actual diameter of 7/8". So I like that size myself.

Vall

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    I always use a half inch holesaw for electrical work, which has an actual diameter of 7/8". So I like that size myself.

Vall

Vall, I do like the look of the holes as well!!! I have contemplated them for my build, but my car is heavy and the big block is heavy as well. I might get away with them yet.

I must say however, the two tone paint may start a new trend!
    Nick

There was never a horse that couldn't be rode, there was never a cowboy that couldn't be throwed.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements