Made some progress - Page 122
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 122 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1449

Thread: Made some progress

I'd have called Speedway and have them replace the pads with some that fit properly. They wont have any problem replacing them, even if you've had them for close to a year. When I built my Austin's axle it sat for over 6 months before I figured out a couple parts weren't correct. I called them and they paid shipping back to them, and sent the correct parts, all on their buck.
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Crapway

Vall I have had these for over 2 years so they will not go good on them...I do not want there crap any way...looked up on there website they even state that these are for light to medium breaking on street cars......WTF.......these are the same pads that Advanced Auto sells for $8.99 a set...Speedway $30...I am just going to buy some better ones at one of the local suppliers...any way on another problem I am having is the cut away for the brake hose on the caliper is clocked the wrong direction to clear the axle...maybe why they discontinued these calipers...I am going to pull them apart and see what they look like inside and if ok I will grind out a new slot
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Re clock

Tic toc had to do a re-clock...since the hose design for these calipers is ass backwards I had to spend an hour with my porting tool to make these calipers work with the dropped axle...had to grind out enough to make them flip, but also had to carefully grind all the way up to the sealing area to be able to flip the hose in board to clear the caliper bolts for install...they are at an angel at the mounting end...so now they tuck in and clear every thing and do not have to run them with the bleeder valve at the bottom...took one apart still looked good inside...as a matter of fact they looked fairly well made and the piston had a nice finish to it...photo shows it with brake fluid on it for re-assembly...now I have to repaint them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails calipers 001.jpg   calipers 010.jpg   calipers 009.jpg  

Things have gone way downhill since Speedy Bill is gone.
    Gary

I've ground and re-clocked every GM caliper I ever used for a conversion on a straight axle install. I did so on the calipers I put on my '39 also. Sometimes they would have worked, but just worked better with a little modification.
    Vall

I have not done shit lately...now its time to spend some money and get things going ...at least parts wise...I am going to pull the side glass and regulators out of my doors and put in my plastic windows...I am going to get pre-tinted and cut found a good price... I just have to make a pattern and send it in...but I am wondering if the green tint I want is going to be a hazard for viewing while driving on the street..and would be better off with a light smoke tint... I will have a/c so the windows will be up most of the time...the green is not legal here but I don't care about that...also does the color become to much being that it makes every thing the color of the tint inside

Not sure if any color is easier or harder to see through? I do know that my red tint on the Austin makes everything outside give a red tint to it. But surprisingly red cars look more dark pink through the red tint for whatever reason.
    It's really more about the shade of tint that will affect how well you can see. A 95% tint is easy to see through, and even 90% isn't horrible. Go darker and it will be tough to see through on dark days, or at night. And many states don't allow darker than 90 or 95% so check state laws for that too.
    We're lucky here in Oregon to have a liberal hotrod law that exempts 1949 and older hotrods from many modern laws. So I bought a darker 90% green tint for all but my windshield when I ordered glass for my '39. With no AC I want to help reduce the sun's heat inside my ride.
    Vall

Vall did you get Lexan or glass for the 39???

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Vall did you get Lexan or glass for the 39???
    I bought glass for my '39. It stays clear longer, and was WAY cheaper. $330 for all 9 pieces, and $20 to ship.
    Bought mine from Bob's Classic Auto Glass here west of Eugene, Or. in the Coast Range.
    Vall

Vall I was looking at this...but the light percentage makes no sense when I look at the light smoke and other colors https://www.tapplastics.com/product/...ent_colors/519

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements