Made some progress - Page 122
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,211 to 1,215 of 1215

Thread: Made some progress

I'd have called Speedway and have them replace the pads with some that fit properly. They wont have any problem replacing them, even if you've had them for close to a year. When I built my Austin's axle it sat for over 6 months before I figured out a couple parts weren't correct. I called them and they paid shipping back to them, and sent the correct parts, all on their buck.
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Crapway

Vall I have had these for over 2 years so they will not go good on them...I do not want there crap any way...looked up on there website they even state that these are for light to medium breaking on street cars......WTF.......these are the same pads that Advanced Auto sells for $8.99 a set...Speedway $30...I am just going to buy some better ones at one of the local suppliers...any way on another problem I am having is the cut away for the brake hose on the caliper is clocked the wrong direction to clear the axle...maybe why they discontinued these calipers...I am going to pull them apart and see what they look like inside and if ok I will grind out a new slot
    Lash

Re clock

Tic toc had to do a re-clock...since the hose design for these calipers is ass backwards I had to spend an hour with my porting tool to make these calipers work with the dropped axle...had to grind out enough to make them flip, but also had to carefully grind all the way up to the sealing area to be able to flip the hose in board to clear the caliper bolts for install...they are at an angel at the mounting end...so now they tuck in and clear every thing and do not have to run them with the bleeder valve at the bottom...took one apart still looked good inside...as a matter of fact they looked fairly well made and the piston had a nice finish to it...photo shows it with brake fluid on it for re-assembly...now I have to repaint them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails calipers 001.jpg   calipers 010.jpg   calipers 009.jpg  
    Lash

Things have gone way downhill since Speedy Bill is gone.
    Gary

I've ground and re-clocked every GM caliper I ever used for a conversion on a straight axle install. I did so on the calipers I put on my '39 also. Sometimes they would have worked, but just worked better with a little modification.
    Vall

7. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements