Made some progress - Page 120
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1202

Thread: Made some progress

Hey Lash,

I was hopping you'd post a photo of the brake line fitting none of us could figure out what it was you wanted.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Steve look at it like trying to couple two standard GM brake hoses together
    Lash

Russell makes a male to male if you want to hook two hoses end to end. But depending on how you're adapting, it might take 3 fittings to get put together to get to the perfect adapter for your installation.
    We ran into this on Mike's '35 Plymouth when we found what we wanted on a fitting, but nothing with that on both ends. So had to buy two and a coupling to connect them together.
    Vall

Lash

Bend me over and hold the grease....went out to the shop and made up my hose brackets...looked over at the truck and there was a big puddle of brake fluid..I freaked/...but was lucky nothing hit any painted parts....felt good about that....was that feeling going to last NNNNNNNNNNaaaaaaaaaa....got my brackets modified and mounted ...I thought they looked tit's....then I went and grabbed a caliper out of the box an saw the very same brackets that I ordered sitting in the caliper box....what a dumb ass...checked the fitting for the hose, fit was good....remember I am playing SAE....Metric madness here.........................got to check every thing..grabbed a hose could not get thread to start straight.on the pipe to hose....pulled it back out...the hose... and looked and the 1st thread was not cut right...so I spent the next 20 minutes cleaning it up and blowing the hose clean...went back got it started and it went fine....then over to the other side and while I was coupling it together on that side I was looking at the line and discovered a big ass nick in the steel line that some dumb ass way I missed...now I have to build a new line...so I am starting from scratch once again .FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF............
    Lash

Bummer. Those SS lines aren't cheap either!
    Vall

Ass holes

Picked up my brake lines at O" ass holes Autoparts...spent 4 hours bending them...get down to the last one and go to thread it on....and the dumb ass gave me one metric one...it is bent ready to go...but it is a no go...i got more time into plumbing the brakes than it would take to put the damn drive train back in...I am about to shut this project down for the winter...I am tired with fucked up parts and wrong parts...and driving for hours for every thing and looking at guys that are so stupid, there moms should be jailed for giving birth...I tell the guy the part numbers and tell him that they are universal fit and he insists on a year and model of vehicle. put your damn phone up you ass and look at the part # on the part...part # was the same except the little J on the end...end of rant ...thank you for your ear
    Lash

That really sucks. That happened to me too. I came home with the line and didn’t know till I tried to screw the fitting into the brass block. Gone are the days when metric was at a foreign auto only. I feel your pain Laah.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

I swore I wouldn't allow any metric pieces on the '39 build, as I ran into the same mix and match issues on my Austin and the Falcon. But it's darn hard to not run into some metric threads, or nuts on parts these days! Even when the parts are threaded standard, they often are imported from China and need a metric wrench set to tighten them up! Broke down yesterday and bought a metric allen wrench set because I was having issues with SAE allen set fitting right on some hardware.
    Vall

Ahhhhh Vall. You’ve come to the dark side. Lol
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements