Made some progress
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Made some progress

Made some progress

As some know I have dealing with the medical B.S, but I did get a little done this week end, bumper caps made up...no they didnt just slip on had to make shims due to the fact the water pipe is not the same size as exhaust pipe. still have to paint it with bed liner, rear spoiler ended up keeping and painted it with spray on bed liner witch is a perfect match for the bed rail covers ( paint color will settle in a few days), started on the graphics but I am waitng for a new air bush bottle and sword brush, to paint in the leafs witch are on my avatar, hope my hand is still steady enough......tail gate handle is being flip to the inside so that the hole where the handle was will have the bracket for my drag chute... not alot but I did feel better about making some head way still got a lot of elbow grease to do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails truck spoiler paint 004.jpg  
    Lash

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

You're moving forward, that's all that counts. Medical crap sucks and expensive. Been through my share lately.

Hey Lash,
    One step at a time; progress is progress.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Good job lash. Sometimes a little progress makes me motivated to do even more. We're all on each other's sides here and want you to be successful. I know around January we're going to be doing some remodeling and my progress may slow.. Hopefully I can make some minor progress at that time and stay connected to the people on this forum. Unlike some other forums I've been on , there's no butt heads here. Just good advice and love for all things Gasser. God Speed.
    Tim

Good to see you back at it Lash. Take it slow and don't overdo it. The truck will be there. I'm battling the locked in a dungeon feeling so I'm not doing much either.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Hope you're feeling better soon! I haven't done much more than tune on mine lately. Got stalled with helping my daughter most the summer, so missed a lot.
    Vall

Another day farting around

I got the tail gate handle flip almost ready to in stall just have to hit it with the beliner sealer,rest of time spent making up the drag chute mount and brackets should have the pieces prepped and ready to weld up by the week end, still working on the bracket for the bottom..... top goes were the handle once was, I will have to pop rivet a reinforcement bracket on the in side, once i get it mount to the tail gate I might make a hood around it to make it look like part of the tail gate..........we will see
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails progress drag chute 001.jpg   progress drag chute 002.jpg   progress drag chute 003.jpg  
    Lash

Lash, did you end up buying the jegs chute you told me about?
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Mario I bought the Deist bag with plate in black......paid to much $119 shipped, saw Amazon had one a week later new for I think $79..........average cost seems to be $90 to 130 very well made went with the 9x9 seems to be about right.....I almost bought the whole chute and every thing but it will never get used and they do have to be deployed or unpacked on a regular bases to prevent mold and deterioration. the only down side is the holes for the support plate are not already punched so I will have to be getting out my ring kit and pliers to make them, dont know if its like that on all the bags, but I hate cutting into new fabric but you got to what you got to do
    Last edited by Road Angels; 10-04-2015 at 03:40 AM.
    Lash

I usually find them once a year at the big April swap meet used, or at the NW Drag Racing swap meet in January. But rarely see chutes any other time for sale. I've got a working chute on my Austin, but never pulled it, and wont. It's strictly for giggles.
    Vall

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements