Made some progress - Page 117
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 117 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1202

Thread: Made some progress

Thanks guys...only time can heal this one....
    Lash

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Money conversion chart

what do you get for $20.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bolts 002.jpg  
    Lash

Taking the hard way

Decided to keep the front cross bar I made to use with the old axle set...But rather than use the old mounts witch would look out of place .... I fabbed these up today...I took the hard way by using flat stock instead of angle stock...reason being the brackets can be seen from the side and angle stock just looks like angel stock and not some thing custom made...and the rounded bend looks better on the frame horn that is round on the corners... alot of work to match the bends on the bracket and a lot of torch work but i THINK IT WILL BE WORTH IT...WELL i HOPE...YEA I am yelling at my self to convince me I did not waste 3 hours of my time.................lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brack3ts 003.jpg   brack3ts 001.jpg  
    Lash

You enjoy fabbing your own stuff. We enjoy watching you enjoy yourself. It’s all good.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

I'd much rather fab something the way I like it than simply cut a piece off, or buy it pre made.
    Vall

It's great

to see the Holenator back at it!!!!
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Holentator

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    to see the Holenator back at it!!!!
    Well I got it all clamped into place to mark my mounting holes and looking at it....it just seems to be lacking some thing....just to plain jane...I guess yelling at my self was not the sales ticket I thought it was.....lol...maybe it is time to drill the bumper....???...other than the axle I want the front to scream classic but different...must be that artsy fartsy shit I have in me...time to put down the guitar and get busy on things and stop dreaming..........wished I had a plasma cutter....there I go dreaming again....any tool you don't have but wished you did....?????
    Last edited by Road Angels; 10-23-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Lash

okay to much time on this one

Went out to the shop and got ready to mount my cross bar...then said nahhhhaa...like a goat....started digging thru my metal scrap pile and found a couple of 2x3 stock pieces cut them into this....and holed them...heavy stock so I drill the bottom for a variety of hold down brackets and hooks if I want that can be quickly changed out if need be...plus these will add strength to the frame horns due to there length and the three evenly spaced hold down bolts...they still have that chopped off metal look but....what the hell...I may do some smaller holes between the larger ones on the sides...now have to cut the bar down...it will be blind in the brackets instead of sticking out on the ends.....man....a stupid little item taking forever
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails brackets 2 001.jpg   brackets 2 005.jpg   brackets 2 004.jpg  
    Lash

A piddle day

Weather was cold and nasty so I spent most of my shop time cleaning up my messes...and there was a lot...but I did get the chop saw out side and cut the bar to size and drilled the frame holes and got every thing SQ. Plum & centered...ready to weld up and paint..I think I might make some bolt-up end caps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bar 001.jpg   bar 003.jpg  
    Lash

Did you put a couple weep holes in the bottom to let moisture out if it gets into the tube?
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements