Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Almost a good find.

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  1937Austin 
#1 ·
I work at a Ford dealership, been there since the early 60's. We just changed owners and were moving things, so I went up in the attic to look around. I found 2 80's caption chairs in good shape blue in color. In behind them was a early ford low back van seat, also blue and in real nice shape. Only problem is there was just the one. I can dye it black, how plentiful are these? I hadn't seen 1 in years. They'd be perfect for my project.

#5 ·
I used some spray dye from the chain store also. On my Falcon, I bought a folding rear seat from a Taurus SHO, and it was tan leather. I went to the Tandy Leather store and bought some stripper for leather to remove the sealers they use. Then went over the leather with black leather dye that's wiped on. Took several coats to get it looking perfect, but it was a $30 seat, and $10-$12 of dye, and stripper. So a lot cheaper than recovering. I leave it down all the time, as I like using the carpeted surface to sit my cooler or junk on. Had to cut a black patch to go over the old shoulder harness hole in the seatback. But it blends right in once I glued it over the hole with black RTV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.