So Cal 53 Mainline street gasser - Page 3
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: So Cal 53 Mainline street gasser

Yeah, I've been a bit under the weather lately. After pissing blood for a month and it not fixing itself or going away (like things used to 40 years ago) I decided to go to the doctor; turns out it's bladder cancer. I've had the first 2 treatments and they're not fun. A catheter is shoved up your dick into the bladder so that the medication goes right into the bladder. Then I came down with broncitius and was fighting it for 3 weeks. Started back to my handyman clients today so I'll be playing catch up for a bit. For all you young members out there, don't get old because your body turns on you.
    Steve Hidden Content in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Steve email me Lash
    Lash

Sorry to hear that Steve! We're all pulling for you!
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Steve hang in there. I just lost my wife to cancer, so my heart goes out to you.

I'm on my way for my third treatment this morning but yesterday was a day of accomplishment; the new flex plate and converter are in!!!! The vibration is gone finally. Wish I'd known when I built the 428 that it took its own flex plate with the big ass counter balance weight on it. Next up is the Gear Venders OD which should go smoothly, probably just going to need to modify the existing trans mount or build a new one.
    Thanks for the well wishes guys, they're appreciated.

Congrats on getting the flex plate changed! That can be a pain, even if it goes well! Worse if things are really tight!
    Vall

Atta boy Steve. On both events. Good to see you posting.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Man! I'm sorry to hear of your health woes but know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers... Congrats on the will-power to stick with your plans and project. Keep up the good work!
    Robert

"Stick'er to the floor and hold'er straight" Hidden Content

Flat Cam

Sometimes it seems like you're chasing your tail with these cars. After 4 years I finally got around to changing the parts that were causing the vibration in my 428. My laziness is probably what caused the new problem. The car would sit for months without being started; I think once it went for a year. Probably the valve spring load and dry starts did the damage. It's funny because after my cousin and I finished working on it and took it out for a test drive I mentioned that the idle didn't seem the same, not as radical and that the motor seemed to be less responsive.
    Sunday I washed the car (been many years) in anticipation of enjoying a cruise of longer than 10 minutes. I'm a few blocks from the house and start to hear a clatter that seems to be getting louder so I turned around, came back, parked and said fuck it I'll look at it during the week. Yesterday I pulled the valve cover from the side that seemed to be the noise maker and found 3 rockers that had about 1/4" to 3/8" clearance. With that I shut the hood and went inside.
    Like they say, if it's got wheels or boobs it's going to give you trouble

Motor boat blues....yup, real common on guys who let there boats sit a long time and fire them up only a few times a year.... I changed a few camshafts on boats, real pain in the butt doing them down in the bilge ...that really sucks
    Lash

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements