Gasser HotRod Forums banner

New Lathe

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Cptnbob 
#1 ·
Another distraction. I just got one of these from my wife for making it to the big 6-oh. I'll post an actual picture when I get it set up.

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice Gary. You have an amazing woman. Have her people contact my people so I can get cool tools like that. :)
Wish you well my friend

#8 ·
This one replaces one I've had for about 30 years, probably about like Val's. Where I work, we sell new and used machine tools. Once in a while, the boss sells a South Bend. I had him check his source and they didn't sell Grizzly,even though Grizzly sells South Bend. Even though I didn't buy from them, they were OK with having it shipped to the shop so I could unload the truck and load it into my pickup with their fork lift.

I got it up on my bench tonite but I think I have to take it back off and shorten the legs of my bench, stands too tall. Still have add a 220V circuit for it, too.

#10 ·
My bench was way overkill for what I had. 2X2X1/4 wall square tubing legs and framework for the top with 1/4" plate top. I got it out of a junkyard that bought scrap from the big green tractor factory in town. I had to weld a piece of 3 1/2 X3 1/2 X1/4 angle iron on each end to make it 7" longer. and got the legs shortened 4" today. Looks like it will work out well.

#12 ·
Thats awesome Gary. Now the sky is the limit on builds. Love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.