My 65 Falcon Gasser Project - Page 6
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My 65 Falcon Gasser Project

Undecided at this time

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Well it's been 16 months since I worked on the Falcon so I dug it out and am planning on starting work on it again. Life seems to keep getting in the way. Looks like my daughter will graduate college this December and my son will graduate college next May so I will be getting a big raise!!!!! Maybe I can finally finish the Falcon!
    I bought a set of Chrome Moly rod ends to finish up the steering.
    In the mean time, I guess I will start on the body work since that's mostly just elbow grease and not a lot of money until actual painting.
    Was thinking that since the original color was Rangoon Red I may go back with that or something close for a "period look"

Well great to have you back at it. How are you feeling? I went back a little to check your progress and I love the stance the falcon has. Nice that the kids are graduating. Somehow we still keep paying cause that's just what we do with our kids as parents.
    Have you worked with the new paints? If not do a little research. They are harder to work with. Coverage and forgiveness at home is much less on both. Very finicky and the hardness is not like the stuff from 5 to 7 yrs ago.
    Have fun. Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

I like the single stage urethanes for cheap and simple. TCP Global has a ton of colors in their Custom Shop paints. Base coat clear was what I always done, but everything gone up so much it's crazy. Very nice build and I hope your health is good now.

Thanks. My health is holding up pretty well. It just seems like everything takes a lot longer to do than it did years ago.
    I've been working on other projects. My biggest (and most favorite) is a Ford E-450 24' shuttle bus that I modified to haul my Cobra replica when we go on vacation. Last winter I swapped a Cummins 5.9 diesel engine with a 5 speed Ford automatic trans in it. This summer I painted it. I only wish it was big enough to haul the Falcon.
    The Falcon will most likely get a single-stage paint. Could be an enamel with a hardener or a urethane from TCP. I prefer the look of a single stage on an older vehicle vs basecoat/clearcoat.

Good to see you back, and glad to hear you're back on the Falcon too!
    Vall

I'm liking where this is going! Got a soft spot for Falcons, obviously.
    Lon

Coming out great ! !

" . . . decided on Speedway 50" axle kit with Ford spindles and 11" discs."

Were you satisfied with this kit? Did you opt for the Willwood brake set-up?

I'm selling my late model Mustang and "negotiating" for a '61 Comet. I'd like to scoop up the Speedway kit for it (simple/complete/priced pretty well) and was wondering how you liked it?

Thanks—

Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo View Post
    Coming out great ! !

" . . . decided on Speedway 50" axle kit with Ford spindles and 11" discs."

Were you satisfied with this kit? Did you opt for the Willwood brake set-up?

I'm selling my late model Mustang and "negotiating" for a '61 Comet. I'd like to scoop up the Speedway kit for it (simple/complete/priced pretty well) and was wondering how you liked it?

Thanks—

Tommy
    Put the Speedway axle in my Austin, and I like it a lot. I prefer the look of an I beam axle, but the Speedway is a great item. Everything needed in one package, and all brand new. Hard to beat, and although the price is much higher than an I beam, it's still not bad for a complete setup.
    Vall

I am pleased with the Speedway axle. I did have to fabricate taller front frame mounts to get the height I wanted without having to use longer shackles. Also went with larger 3/4" rod ends for the tierods. The 50" wide axle fills the wheelwells just right. I did go with the GM caliper/11" Ford pattern rotor brake setup.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements