Gasser HotRod Forums banner

My 1941 Willys

15K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  flatheadgary 
#1 ·
Here is my 1941 Willys. Just finished "HER" this summer & took it down the 1/4 mile for the first time. Had my issues but nothing fell off. Now "SHE's" in the garage getting a new rearend & lower gears. I built everything but the body. Just tooting my own horn. Great forum. Gasserking Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

See less See more
#7 ·
Love the red glass. What color are you going to paint it? What is the drivetrain combination? Engine, trans etc. I think I'd rather have the fiberglass body. Easy to fix, find and afford. And lighter if you have the drag race bug. It's funny but if you are not familiar with the Willys body size, how small they really were interior wise. Mark L

#8 ·
This is what it has in it.

Let me see; this project has taken over 5 years. Here is the frame that we built. It had a 10 bolt BOP rear end in it. 8.7/8 but you cannot buy nothing for it. So I am in the middle of putting another 8.2 Pontiac rearend in it with 4.11 gears & motive carrier. It has a TH350 with manual valve body. The engine is mostly stock except for heavy duty valve springs. gear to gear, ignition system is Mallory. 20 gallon fuel cell. Holley blue fuel pump. Hurst line loc. Mallory Launch control. Outlaw shifter. Weiand 6-71 supercharger. Two special built Holley 600 cfm carbs. Old style roll bar. 5 foot long ladder bars. Had to add a front drive shaft loop to comply with NHRA. Will make it's way to the street later, but right now just wanna have some fun at the strip with her. Real life chute, just don't need it right now. Drilled I-beam front axle with Harley Sportster shocks. pie crust tires up front & hurst cheater slicks in the back. Thats about it. Thanks Gasserking. Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

#12 ·
So what did you turn??

Yeah the interior is small, the dash is about 1" narrower than a 34 Ford, shoulder room is about the same but feels smaller. With 2 guys in it, it will be a good idea if both of you have just brushed your teeth. Haha It took 6 yds of headliner for my headliner which is a lot more than a 34 Ford. That round roof covers a lot of area

It really feels good that first time to step on the gas with the blower doesn't it???

Nice job on the car.

#14 ·
Your project is awesome. Great job on the car. One day I will own one too. Its my dream.
Mario

#15 · (Edited)
Your project is awesome. Great job on the car. One day I will own one too. Its my dream....... Mario
This IS a good example of how the "fiberglass kits" of today really can turn into NICE hot rods.

Just found out a friend of mine is getting a divorce & selling off a LOT of his hot rod stuff..... including an Atlanta Hot Rods Willys fiberglass body/project.

Sure wish I had the $$$$$ to buy it from him. Doubt I will ever get the Willys coupe (or even a sedan) of my dreams.

Keep telling myself that the Opel will be a unique hot rod in its own right. A much less seen hot rod compared to others..... especially today with the growing popularity of anything Willys.

#19 ·
Yes indeed, great job, i was in the middle of putting my 41 glass car together when i found the Original Super Stude, so it have been by priority. Took me a year just to find the parts to put a late model blown chrysler hemi together like Tony Nancy built for it back in the day. Not sure if im going to be able to get back the the Willys or not. good job.....have fun...that's what it's all about...

not sure if i have the pic's on here , hope so..

#21 ·
Had the old "Dragway Speed Center" in Wheaton, IL car. Tried to sell it back in '81, but he thought $1000 at the time was to much. If I can find pix! Will post IT. Only had one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.