My '46 Austin gasser project - Page 161
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 161 of 162 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1616

Thread: My '46 Austin gasser project

We got a single day break from the continuous rains today! So I rolled the Austin out of the garage and began marking out the seat mounting points. I was able to use the old holes in front, but the rear mounts are a good 5" farther back, so had to put bolts in the old holes to plug the floor, and mark and drill new rear holes.
    Got the seats all bolted down, and was cleaning up tools when I saw my lap belts sitting behind the seats! Crap! Had to pull the bolts out on the rear, and sandwich the belts on them and bolt them back down. OK, so now I was really done, until I sat in the car and tried to buckle up my 4 point harnesses. My lap belts were 5" too short to buckle together! Passenger side had enough belt to adjust them out. But driver's side was way short even when I eliminated all the slack! Geez!
    So dug through my box of old harnesses and nothing longer than what I had. But I did find an extender belt! The one half of the driver's belt was long enough, but the left half was what was short. So I installed the extender into the mounting piece, and then added it to the left half that was short. I was able to keep it all behind the seat, so it's not out where it shows.
    So finally got the seats and belts done after a few hours. And then had to take a short drive before closing things up for who knows how long?
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Vall you sure it wasn't that french dip and pumpkin pie...keeping that belt from fitting...................lol
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Vall you sure it wasn't that french dip and pumpkin pie...keeping that belt from fitting...................lol
    Had to go check. Nope, still 32" waist, so must be the relocated mounts.
    Just finished my plate of fried potatoes and eggs! Yum!
    Vall

Quote Originally Posted by 1946Austin View Post
    Had to go check. Nope, still 32" waist, so must be the relocated mounts.
    Just finished my plate of fried potatoes and eggs! Yum!
    better invest in another belt extension
    ....lol

better invest in another belt extension
    ....lol
    Wont need it. Since my gallbladder surgery my body doesn't digest and absorb everything I eat. So it seems that I eat like crazy just to maintain my present 178 lb. weight. If I was to back off there's no telling how skinny I'd get?
    Vall

I think

I know why Lash has a green truck, it's the color of envy. I think a new name is in order for it; instead of "Poison Ivy" how about "Green Envy" LMAO Did you smother those eggs and potatoes with lots of country gravy and toast loaded with butter too Vall..........
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Quote Originally Posted by sbauman2 View Post
    I know why Lash has a green truck, it's the color of envy. I think a new name is in order for it; instead of "Poison Ivy" how about "Green Envy" LMAO Did you smother those eggs and potatoes with lots of country gravy and toast loaded with butter too Vall..........
    No, but sounds great! Maybe later for lunch or breakfast tomorrow?

He might not want the other digestive issues that come with not having a gallbladder! But I feel better than I have in 3 or 4 decades, so I count my blessings.
    Vall

So corn always looks the same going in and coming out...so now does it come out still on the Cobb .............glad your feeling good now that is what counts

So corn always looks the same going in and coming out...so now does it come out still on the Cobb .............glad your feeling good now that is what counts
    No nothing like that Lash. Just don't absorb all the food nutrients that you do when your gallbladder gradually releases bile. It's like the computer isn't controlling the fuel system, so it sends fuel unregulated whenever you eat.
    The good news is I've not had a single bit of indigestion since the surgery, and prior to the surgery I had it pretty severely for about 4 decades. I can now eat pizza, Mexican food, and all the stuff I only ate when I was young. No indigestion, or heartburn at all. Doctor said she doesn't understand why, as the gallbladder being gone shouldn't have that effect. Just glad it is what it is.
    Vall

Put the old Jeep seats on CL and after a few guys telling me they wanted them, but not showing, I finally got a guy today who said he was coming and actually showed! A quick look and no counter offer. He just paid me and took them. He's got a Jeep that his dog ate the seats up in!
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements