Pics of my latest project
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Pics of my latest project

Pics of my latest project

This is what I've been working on since last Xmas. It's a 33 plymouth, BBC, just wanted a old hot rod that ran good and looked like something from the 60's. It still needs glass and interior done but I hope to drive it before it gets colder than crap. The single holley is in the process of being switched to a tunnel ram and 2 600 holleys. The dash had been attacked with a hachet so I cut off the lower part and made new. I would have done a build thread but I suck at them, just thought I'd post some pics instead. The leg burner exhaust will go underneath this winter, those are tempory, thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201022_162836.jpg   20201022_162847.jpg   20201022_162901.jpg   20201022_162913.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

What can you say but nice....
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Probably one of the best years of all for old Mopars! Suicide doors, and the tops look chopped when they came from the factory! Nice car!
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

This body was chopped a little more than I liked, it came out of Colorado and was just a shell.

Nice looking Rod. Making it a driver would be fun. Great choice. thanks for posting it.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Decided to go to alum heads so that meant changing pistons. I couldn't believe how hard it was to find open chamber pistons for a 427 that would be pump gas friendly. I got lucky and my machinest had a brand new set of JE with new rings on them A guy was building a 427 and after ordering the pistons he decided to go with a 540. They'd been on the shelf for a few yrs so I got them for $500 and if you've priced any lately you know that's a good deal. They're 11 to 1 with 118 chambers and my heads are 122 so that worked out. Right now I'm working on interior, my hats off to anyone that is good at this. Wish I had the money to have someone to do it, I sure ain't that great at it. I'll take pics when I get it done, from 30 feet away.

The aluminum heads, and larger chambers should make it pump gas friendly. I really like the look of this old Mopar sedan!
    Vall

Vall, you wouldn't believe how many NEW parts I've replaced on this, some of them 3 times. Electrical stuff is a joke anymore, bad right out of the box. It seems that the brand don't make no difference anymore either, everything is china. Right now everything is working. Nothing much out there for these old mopars and if you find it, they want 3 prices.

Quote Originally Posted by vht View Post
    Vall, you wouldn't believe how many NEW parts I've replaced on this, some of them 3 times. Electrical stuff is a joke anymore, bad right out of the box. It seems that the brand don't make no difference anymore either, everything is china. Right now everything is working. Nothing much out there for these old mopars and if you find it, they want 3 prices.
    Well at least it's old enough you aren't confined to restoration exact copies of original parts. I've found a lot of oddball electrical parts for other cars, and even motorcycles I've used in my old car builds. It's certainly made adapting easier, and cheaper too.
    My taillights for my '39 are Harley Davidson LED taillights fitted to my '39 housings. My wiring kit is a 21 cir. universal kit to work on Chev, Mopar, and Ford cars. A bunch of other oddball stuff that I used that look close enough nobody notices they aren't '39 Chevy.
    Vall

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements