Hello from Wisconsin
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Wisconsin

Hello from Wisconsin

I built a few things in my day, not too many but a few. Even starting from my own frame and suspension. I have totally gotten out of the game and sold all tools and neat stuff that I collected through the years. I am totally starting over and want to build a gasser. When I was a kid I remember the Rat Fink days. I recently stumbled on a car to experiment with as described in my signature. Lately the tools and parts are starting to roll in. This is so bad of a start that the shop (garage) has to be set up too. It will be a bit before I get around to post some pics, I know everybody wants pics! A gasser project is just what I need to get the blood pumping again. When the wrenches start to turn I will post as I go but first I need some heat in the garage. All the usual avatars and stuff will be added in a week or two.

Mark
    48 Plymouth Custom Special - 4dr suicide style
    Starting new build from scratch with plans of:
    1950 Chevy straight axle with steering box
    Ford 9" rear with 4.10's or 4:29 gear
    Mopar 440, 512 CID stroker estimating 680 - 700 hp on pump gas
    727 auto
    30 or 32 inch X 10 wide tires
    guessing at finish weight of 32-3500 pound car
    hoping to run in the 10's

This project will be the quickest vehicle that I have built so I am really looking forward to it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Definitely

a man with a plan and we like that. First off, welcome to the site. From your post you covered all the bullet points of what we like here so I'm just going to sit back and wait for the updates to start rolling in.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Nice start! Welcome from St. Louis!
    Dave

I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!
    Sounds like lots of work to build up the tools again, and then build the car too! Good luck on both!
    Vall

Alright, another off the wall type build...glad to see others thinking out side the box..looking forward to your build
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Thanks to all. Pictures are like candy, nice and sweet! I picked up a mig welder tonight for $125. Still looking for a Tig and plasma cutter, and lets not for get a compressor :-).
    727 auto

This project will be the quickest vehicle that I have built so I am really looking forward to it.

Welcome aboard Mark. Hope you get your shop going quick and priority heat in the garage. We all love pics as you know. And a Mopar guy too. Post the car pic when you can. Wish you the best on your build.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Never owned a tig or plasma cutter in my shop, but sure would love to have either or both! Especially the tig! Somehow I muddle through for decades without either, but builds would be easier if I had them!
    Vall

I was the same way. A stick welder and a torch got all I needed done for years. When MIG was getting more widely used I just shook my head and thought way too many moving parts to get it done. This thing is going to need a cage so it needs to look like one. People aren't exactly giving air compressors away either. Jeeze!
    727 auto

I bought my Miller mig a decade ago, and not sure how I ever got by without one before then. I absolutely would never be without a good mig welder, and I use it for much more than just my cars.
    I bought a big air compressor 2 decades ago from Coastal Farm and although somewhat expensive it wasn't terribly priced. I used it for air tools doing bodywork and primer on my Camaro. Then later used it to prime my Austin gasser, and recently my '39 Chev. But it sits the rest the time and I use a small compressor because the big one takes a long time to build up that giant tank.
    Vall

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements