This just
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This just

Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Bugs me

ha, ha, I get it; bugs me; you crack me up Lash Wonder how much it'll go for.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Love it! You don't know how close I was to buying a VW bug before I found my Austin! I planned to build a frame and make it a straight axle car with SBC in the front. But I almost bought a '67 Firebird with 5 spare engines, and a ton of parts to make a gasser on too. If some SOB hadn't snuck in and bought it out from under me, I'd be driving it instead of my Austin. I was ticked back then, but got over it quickly when I found my Austin.
    Vall

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

What do you think it is worth....the chassis being certificated it must be built right???

We all know that a car value is enhanced by the quality and cost of parts involved. But we are also painfully aware that most people lose money when they sell a car if they paid someone to build it, or bought expensive chassis fabricated by others. Only way to not lose is to do like many guys here have done, and try to build as much of the car as possible themselves.
    I'm not sure I want to take a guess on this one, as it's too unique to have any previous similar sales to estimate where it can end.
    Vall

To me

a big plus is that it is licensed for the street. It is a very unique vehicle with what is probably a smaller buyer base so I'm thinking the $15,000 range unless there's a buyer who absolutely wants it because it is so unique and is willing to pay much higher.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

It reminds me somewhat of an old Fiat Altered coupe. I always thought a street legal Fiat altered would be a cool ride to turn heads too!
    He mentions it's chopped and stretched. But it appears he means the top is chopped, and the wheelbase is stretched? I don't see where the body is stretched over stock length?
    Vall

Vall first thing I thought when I saw it was a Topolino look alike... looks like it was stretched at the cowl with a mild chop and a lot of channel...I am trying to find out what he has for paper work...i may put a bid in

Good eye Lash! I think you're right. Appears to be longer at that point.
    Vall

Well I put a ten grand bid in but did not get it...never even made it that high...probably just as well seeing what was on it for a blower, at one time, it more than likely had real low compression pistons left in it when the tunnel ram was put on to replace the blower..plus there where some questions that he did not answer that I asked

13. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements