Not a bad bang for your buck - Page 5
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Not a bad bang for your buck

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    So if you use the extra base they sent and cut it down you are halve way to making your own???
    I wasn't taking any chances Lash! I put it in the bottom of the box with the other base and sent it back. Didn't want to give them any reason not to fully refund my money.
    But I do have an idea to build my own that I started on before. I have a set of Hilborn stacks I had started building an air box with, and they're sitting here. I also have a very similar air cleaner already on my '39 that's finned aluminum oval shape. I'm considering cutting 8 holes in the top using my holesaw set, if I can find the correct size, or slightly smaller holesaw size. Then I will use JB Weld on the inside to attach them to the lid, so it wont show externally.
    Before I attach them I need to refinish the stacks since they're pretty flaked off now. Also considering taking the top to my tig welder guy, and maybe have him tig weld round rings on it, so the stacks would be held by set screws, instead of JB Weld. I'll use the same filter media I had for the Speedmaster, so the stacks will actually pull in filtered cool air too.
    Just a winter project, along with finishing bodywork. I have a friend who told me he'd shoot paint for me next spring! So I'm pumped that he's willing to. He just finished painting his 1969 Mach 1 Mustang, and it looks good.
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dsb View Post
    That truly sucks.
    Yeah, I'll be happy if I just get my refund and never hear their name again!
    Vall

This saga is finally complete! The dirt bags at Speedmaster finally caved in and gave me a full refund. So at least I'm back to where I was before I ordered it from them, and only out my time and frustration.
    Vall

Glad to hear you got your bucks back...felt bad since I posted what a deal that seems to have started all this...I like your other Idea better..I even went and priced some on line.... holy crap they want stupid money for them
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

Quote Originally Posted by Road Angels View Post
    Glad to hear you got your bucks back...felt bad since I posted what a deal that seems to have started all this...I like your other Idea better..I even went and priced some on line.... holy crap they want stupid money for them
    They always have, but somebody went brain dead when I bid on the set I have. They were on Fleabay and I tossed a $50 bid on them for the heck of it. They closed at $35! Not sure why so cheap, as the shipping was reasonable too.
    Vall

Vall it sure knocks the wind out of you having to deal with crap like that. You are like me. I don't quit just for the principle. Glad you got Ebay to reverse their decision.
    kinda reminds me of this video clip.

Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

When I got the notice from Ebay that I had been refunded my money, I went and checked to be sure. Then I went through all my saved emails on this purchase since the day I bought it, and began deleting them. I always save my messages when I order any part, just in case there's a problem like this. I had over 30 messages and notifications during this process to delete! Normal is maybe 2 or 3 on a purchase. The more messages, the more trouble the purchase was. This sets a new record I hope to never break!
    Vall

9. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements