Not a bad bang for your buck - Page 4
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Not a bad bang for your buck

Do not buy anything from Speedmaster Sydney, Australia!!! (USA office)
    If anything goes wrong with your order they are totally useless in responding to issues, or correcting issues. On top of this, if you do get a response from them it's as if they're not even communicating with you about the same subject, or item!
    After receiving this downdraft air cleaner, and having the carb adapter missing, it took several days to even get a reply. Then it was vague, and confusing. Another email to ask them what they meant gave slightly more info, but still strangely unrevealing of how they'd handle it. Yet another email and they requested pictures be sent, when they knew exactly what was missing. Yet another email and they told me they'd ship the missing part, and gave me a SO number, but no tracking number. Another email asking for a tracking number, and they sent me the original tracking number for the purchase, showing I received the part!!!!
    Finally I had my fill and found their phone number today and called them. Explained all the info to a guy named Dylan, which happened to be the same guy who I'd been dealing with on emails. He told me he's got the part ready, and sitting on a table ready for USPS to pick it up. So hopefully it will ship today and this whole fiasco will end.
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Vall

I guess the silver lining to this bullshit mess is that it's not a hard part you're waiting on to get the car running.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

And the check is in the mail.....................lol
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

I keep telling myself if they totally drop the ball I can simply make the adapter base, and have a guy tig weld it together, and then I can bolt it on. Just rather it was the factory piece.
    Vall

Keeping my fingers crossed, but got a USPS tracking number stating the adapter will be here Tuesday! Just hope it's the right part, and not just some bag of unknown parts! They don't have a great track record so far!
    Vall

Wow! My part got delivered a day earlier than expected! Pretty exciting.....until I opened the box. Inside was a second air cleaner base plate, and still no carb adapter!
    Let's see, maybe in 3 or 4 more deliveries they can send me another air cleaner element, some stacks, a top plate, and maybe eventually the correct carb adapter plate? And then I can have two complete assemblies for the price of one!
    Called to tell them of their screw up, and got the same guy, Dylan, again. He says, I'll tell them to open the box and make sure it's the right part next time." Ya think? Maybe they need pictures on the outside of the box in case they don't read?
    One more try and I'm going to give up and just make one myself.
    Vall

Unbelievable! After all this back and forth, and promises of what they would do to make it right, they now filed a resolution with Ebay saying I received the part, and that the tracking number shows I got it.
    Of course they left out that it's incomplete, and seems Ebay didn't check the messages back and forth showing the part was incomplete. So it seems at this point Speedmaster screwed me royally, and Ebay took their side. Always been happy with how Ebay handled issues when sellers were crooks, but this sure sours me on Ebay, and especially on Speedmaster.
    Vall

The saga continues!
    I filed an "appeal" to Ebay's decision to side with Speedmaster, and refuse to make this right, or allow a return. So yesterday I got a notice that Ebay was looking into it, and saying their decision to close this was based on Speedmaster simply showing a tracking number that indicated I got the parts. Even though all my messages to the seller said I got incomplete, or wrong parts.
    So this morning Ebay reversed their decision, and I was sent a return label to send the air cleaner back to the seller. So packed it up, and tossed in the wrong base also, and sent it all back with the packing slip, and the extra base they wrongly sent. Also a note telling them I was returning the extra base, so they couldn't say I kept it. I took pics of everything, and copied all the paperwork. Also made USPS give me a receipt, even though it was prepaid shipping.
    So we'll see what the rest of this story results in now.
    Vall

That truly sucks.
    Dave

I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am!

So if you use the extra base they sent and cut it down you are halve way to making your own???
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements