Gasser HotRod Forums banner

New to Gassers

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  TEPVET 
#1 ·
Retired 11 years ago, haven’t done much work on my own cars since I was 18. Did an on-frame restore of a 1973 Vette 4 years ago. I have always wanted to find a 1966 IH pickup, I bought one new when I was 16. Found a 1965, same style, color, etc. I’m turning it into a GASSER! Won’t be fast but should look interesting. Ford 9” rear end and straight axle all in. Cool wheels, engine mounts for 572 cu are next, as soon as I get the cab back from body shop. Hoping to drive it by fall of 2021.

#2 ·
Welcome

to our site, now we we need photos, lots of photos; that's about the only (un)official requirement we have. From what you wrote it sounds as though you have plenty to photograph and share all ready.

#5 ·
Thanks for

those shots, looks like you're off to a good start. I'm going to suggest that you go to the "project update" window on the home page and start a thread for your build. I don't think anyone else here has gasserized an International pick up so your's is going to be a unique build that I'm sure interested in following.

#6 ·
Welcome to the site. I missed your post. Yes your build will be unique and very welcome here. We love pics and videos of your project like Steve already mentioned. That truck will look cool as a gasser. I would love to see the Vette you restored if you have pics. Have fun and enjoy the gasserhotrods web site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.