The Camfather!
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: The Camfather!

The Camfather!

Since he recently turned 99 yrs. old, I thought this recent video interview with Ed Iskenderian might be fun for people to see. Done just two weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzLzwxjZQB4
    Vall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

That was a great video...I love that he says he still likes doing it.....
    Lash...Washington Chapter and Member...Mean Old Bastards Club

I really enjoyed that Vall. Thanks for posting the video.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Met Ed in 2013 here at Clackamas Community College when he was in town to talk there. I was very excited to find out about him being here, and shocked when I called numerous car buddies to go also, and not one of them was interested! What kind of a car guy passes up the chance to hear Ed Iskenderian talk, and actually meet him?
    After several hours of speaking, and answering questions, he stepped off the stage and individually spoke with people who stuck around. No hurry to rush off at all, and a true gentleman! I was asked to bring my Austin into the auto shop and park it by the stage, and he wandered over to look at it. He saw the "Isky Cams" and sticker on the hood and asked whose car it was. I told him it was mine, and he asked if he could sit in it? He didn't fit behind the wheel, so he went around to the passenger side and climbed in.
    I was prepared for whatever opportunity I might have, so had pen and paper, plus a gold ink pen in case he'd be willing to sign my dash! I asked him to sign the dash, and he said, "Are you sure you want me to write on your car?"
    I found that kinda funny that he was so modest he'd question doing his signature on my dash. The next day I ran out and bought clear coat and sprayed over his signature so it would have a good likelihood of staying put forever!
    Vall

Great story Vall. Sounds like you were star struck. Nice that you got to meet him.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    Great story Vall. Sounds like you were star struck. Nice that you got to meet him.
    I still am Mario! It's fortunate that Ed has lived such a long and fruitful life that we're able to learn so much about his life directly from his own words.
    Vall

9. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements