New member to the Forum; thanks for the add!
GasserHotRods.com is the premier All All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: New member to the Forum; thanks for the add!

New member to the Forum; thanks for the add!

Hello folks -- I am beginning my journey to build a gasser by the time I retire in 2024. I've bracket-raced since 1994 and enjoy the sport of Drag Racing immensely! I grew up looking at photos of Gassers and Altereds, and have an a love affair with these creations from the '60s! Now is the time to plan for my next part of my drag-racing journey.

Looking forward to reading up on what you all are doing in the Gasser Community, and applying those learned lessons from those of you on these pages. The one thing I know is the Gasser Community is a fun-loving group, and I look forward to enjoying this sport with you!

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Hi Tim

welcome to the site. Great members more than willing to share literally hundreds of years of collective experience and knowledge; all you have to do is ask. Hope you turn out to be an active participant and not one who posts a hello and then disappears. We all love to watch a members progress on their individual build or updates on an existing build. We also all love photos and this is a great way to document the progress of your build. We've had many members start with photos of simply a bare body and chassis brought home on a trailer.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Here's my Hudson Jet. I figure I can have it build in the next four years or so, by the time that I'm ready to retire and hit the road!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hudson Jet front.jpg   Hudson Jet rear.jpg   Hudson Jet side.jpg  

5. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum Tim! And to the world of gasser owners and builders! Looking forward to seeing a build thread on your Hudson! I love gassers with unique body styles like your Hudson! The shorter 105" wheelbase should be a fun sized car as a gasser.
    Vall

You've

definitely chosen a unique car to gasserize and I'm betting it's going to make a killer gasser. That's a great license plate too. I put Hudson in our sites search and came up with this thread https://www.gasserhotrods.com/forum/...ghlight=hudson so it appears that you're the second member to go with a Hudson. His initial post was from 2015 and we've had nothing since; I hope you do better. A suggestion; when you start to post your build start your own thread in the project update section on the home page.
    Last edited by sbauman2; 07-14-2020 at 12:16 PM.
    Steve Hidden Content MOB in sunny So Cal
    "and the beat goes on....................."

Welcome to the forum Tim. Love your choice. Unique for sure. Have fun and post all you want. Like Steve said post lots of pics and videos. We look forward to seeing lots of pics of the Hudson.
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

Quote Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post
    Welcome to the forum Tim. Love your choice. Unique for sure. Have fun and post all you want. Like Steve said post lots of pics and videos. We look forward to seeing lots of pics of the Hudson.
    Thanks for your thoughts and words of encouragement, sbauman2, 1946Austin, mmhotrod! I can see by your posts how the Gasser Community truly supports each other by offering positive feedback! Thanks again! I will keep all in the loop as I progress with my project, and I will stay up-to-date with the news and views on the Forum.

Tim

Welcome from Minneapolis, err wait. Pittsburgh, uh scratch that St. Louis! Looking forward to your build! ( I have lioved in 3 different cities this year alone!)
    Dave

I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am!

Quote Originally Posted by dsb View Post
    Welcome from Minneapolis, err wait. Pittsburgh, uh scratch that St. Louis! Looking forward to your build! ( I have lioved in 3 different cities this year alone!)
    you’re killing me Dave. Lol
    Mario

"I post the work on my hotrod, not because it's the best way, rather it was the way I had to get it done with the resources I had.................
    Of which I might be an encouragement to other hotrodders".

12. Remove Advertisements
    GasserHotRods.com
    Advertisements