Gasser HotRod Forums banner

Pretty cool Willys.

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  1937Austin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Although your truck is as cool as it gets in a gasser build, I am true to only one love. My heart belongs to only one and that would be the one and only coupe.

#4 ·
I don't think it gets much closer to perfection in a Willys coupe than the one you posted Mario! I also think Steve's Willys pickup is about as close to perfect as a Willys pickup can be! I'd love to be rich and own one of each. Since I'm not I'm stuck with old Chevy's and Austins. :)

#5 · (Edited)
There's no

disputing that is a super cool Willys coupe. It sort of reminds me of the Rebel Reaper Willys gasser. Vehicle Tire Truck Wheel Car
Everything about it is right and for me especially the paint. It's got the look I was going for with my truck. People always ask me why don't I paint it and I tell them because it looks exactly as I want it then I add that they can always buy it and paint it any color they want.
Thanks for that great compliment too Vall. You know damn well that your cars (including the Falcon) were and are great looking gassers. When you consider the number of Willys there are compared to the much lesser number of Austin gassers there are you have a great example of a very unique and rare gasser.

#6 ·
Thanks Steve! I got a little grief from people who knew my Austin in it's original patina black paint, and told me I should have left it. I too was a little shocked at first when I had it painted. But now after a decade it's got enough little chips and boogers that it is beginning to look less perfect.

#7 ·
I definitely

know what you mean Vall. When you look closely at my 53 it looks like it's been through the war with all the dings, chips and scratches; the most prominent being a dent on the right front fender from my fist after a particularly frustrating day :mad:

#9 · (Edited)
Steve, Im not proud to say this but, Ive been angry and frustrated enough to punch a wall in my house, pound a desk in anger where my director backed off. But hit my Chevy.......??????? I don't know if I could do that.
Fixed the wall by the end of day. So I punished myself.

PS none of these were marital related by the way.....:)

#11 ·
It's not

that I punched it as such but in more of a hammer blow. I was frustrated and was swearing and calling the car all sorts of names and came down on the fender with a balled up fist and a final "you bitch".

#13 ·
Patina started growing with the gasser come back. I think it looks way cool on old Chevys like yours. What I think happened is the cars for restoration dissappeared and they started buying trucks for hotrodding and such. Then someone came up with a Patina paint job on an old truck and before you know it, it was all the rave. Clear coating actual rust and such. It does look cool on some vehicles but not for me. If I had an old car like you and it looked patina paint I wouldn't touch it.
Vintage hotrod to the core.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.